Sunday, November 13, 2011

Zero Hour 8AM (apologies to Sir Elton)

    Ah the weekend comes to a close and some things did get accomplished. Poor Pat he had to go out and paint the house's foundation again as it has to be the same color as the trim and he was knackered when he got in. I made him a nice cup of tea and went to do laundry. Today was a slow day really, and for me a not hungry one either for some reason. I had breakfast and then around 3 I had a few spoonfuls of  peanut butter. That's it,  oh and 4 cups of tea as I'm drinking my final cup now. I did get my exercise in (mainly from running to the bathroom to pee from all the water & tea I drank today LOL) I took a friends advice to use a squeezy ball between my knees and push in to build up strength. Truth be told my knees had a bit of a problem getting in touch with each other, the ball was a little too small. Next time I think I will use a size where its not hard to get my knees to go in and touch, thinking maybe a football size one will be better , yea that should do the trick!! ;-)
     Now tomorrow the day is here...final day of annual enrollment, we are open from 8AM until midnight and it's going to be busy. We are bringing in lunch and dinner for the employees pizza for the lunch group, Red, Hot & Blue for the dinner group (it's a BBQ chain that's really good) I will just be looking at them as I eat my salad and chicken. No I'm not feeling sorry for myself. I like chicken and salad. I am actually feeling very strong in that respect. I am as of this morning down 34 pounds. I know it's not the 4 or 6 pounds I lost at the start but lets be honest that was water loss and the loss is steady once again and that's all I want. I will get to my size 16 before i know it. look how fast the years fly by.  Hey wouldn't it be a sick joke if the doomsday folks are right about the world ending on Dec. 21st that would mean this entire time I could have been eating all the foods I'm not.  LOL Nah I am focused this time more than ever before, I have my reasons and they WILL come to fruition!!! 
     I was looking at decorating books and Pat has agreed that we can break the wall down in the dining room that separates it from the kitchen to open up the space. I am so excited and we are going to start that sometime in January. I saw a photo of a kitchen in a house just like ours that was redone and i liked it so i showed Pat. Only thing I can't really do is move the sink under the window (too many plumbing issues for a home we will be leaving in a few years) but we agreed a counter would be good so I will have a nice view while I do my prepping in the kitchen.  Here's a pic. only thing is my cabinets will be white, I do want to Pergo the floors so they will look similar :)  What do ya think of this??
Right at the end of the photo from the angle you are looking in is where the wall is now. It's much nicer with it gone! 
     Yesterday I went shopping at Target and got lots of goodies, mattress covers, toiletries and more and I hate to admit this especially since I've been so vocal about it but when I was in the Christmas section and saw all the fun things I got into the Christmas mood and well, I bought a little foot high silver Christmas tree. I also got little balls for it! Red ones and a star to match, this will go on my desk at work AFTER Thanksgiving. Yep I couldn't help myself and I may go back next week to get a few more decorations that will go up ..yes you guessed it AFTER turkey day! It was such a great weekend temp wise also. Saturday I just people watched while sipping a unsweetened passion ice tea at Starbucks. I like doing that as people can be very amusing, I'm sure I give those watching me quite a performance at times. Like the time a stinkbug flew into my purse at the same Target I was at. I screamed out and asked this passerby if he would get it out for me. HAHHA yes I did!!  Wouldn't that have been fun to watch?  My point proven :-D 
      Well all I'm signing off early so I can get ready  for bed. Must be on top game tomorrow. So until next time. Ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment