Friday, November 25, 2011

As Stuffed As The Turkey (for once - not really)

     So as I sit here this morning I am pleased to say I cleared the 2nd hurdle. Thanksgiving !!!!! Did well too, oh I had about a 2 tablespoons of mashed garlic potatoes and the same with the stuffing (maybe a tad less). Took a small amount of green bean casserole, which was my 12 year old nephew's contribution, then to round off the list there was mashed butternut squash and this really good I have no idea what to call it but it was made with turkey sausage, onions, carrots, mushrooms, garlic & spices, kind of a turkey hash and it was delicious!  Then my sister in law was sweet to make crust less pumpkin "pie" mini souffles since the hubs is gluten free and they also were very good.  So the main thing is when I was finished with dinner I wasn't feeling that stuffed and it felt good! I sampled pretty much everything but no seconds and no piles of food on my plate. I ended a very pleasant night happy with myself.  Now comes the Christmas baking!!!  (Crosses self for strength lol)
     This weekend we have a man named Matt coming over to look at the house and give us an estimate on a front deck. So much to do here and this is the main thing we need done and also the most costly. I'm hoping to come in under $2,000.00. Sigh...it has to be done! We are power washing the house this weekend too as the temps will climb to unseasonable low 60's,   I am also rearranging the living room so I can put up the tree. Yep going to do it this year, I need to have Christmas in my home. I wish all my friends could come for a huge holiday party and stay for days just having a blast.  Hey I can dream! :-)
     Well not a lot going on at the mo so I'm signing off but will have more over the weekend. Take care and ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment