Tuesday, October 27, 2015

The Land Of Nod

.    I hope to visit there early tonight. By early I mean at least 11pm. It's crazy, but sometimes I get so tired some days. Not like I do manual labor, but some days employees just work your nerves.  Like today.  One of the new gals, sweet young lady. About 20 years old ( oh was I ever 20? Lol) had an employee on the phone. Could hear her talking and saying Sir why would I lie to you. Why indeed? Some of these employees have chips on their shoulders and feel you are purposely not telling them what they want to know. Well he got very abusive and one of our agents stepped in. She left the room. She came to my desk to get a tissue. It was obvious she was crying. I got up and motioned to her to follow me into the kitchen.  We sat and I talked to her about the lovely world of being a CSR. I know people see most as the ones who call you just as you are about you eat dinner, that's a telemarketer NOT a customer service rep. Many CSR's can be idiots I will admit. But those of us who gave done this for a living know it's takes a certain type of person. Part gentle, part caring, part masochist. LMAO. Well I spoke to her about many of the employees who call, and how it runs the gamut from the ones who love you to those who want you dead. Even got her to laugh a little. We got up and she hugged me, said thank you. The rest of the day went okay for her.  She's a good kid, and has learned quickly. Now it's timekeeping her  to learn her finesse. That's what keeps you sane.  People pick on us but we really have to handle a lot. We have to know a bit of every department. You gave a job and you do if great button it's one job. Do that plus about 10 other departments all the while keeping up with changes. Then learning it well enough in a few days so that we can walk you through it when you call. So yeah. She will be okay, I felt a bit mother hen like but hey it was needed.
     That really is all my excitement today. Haha, such an exciting life. So ciao for now peeps

No comments:

Post a Comment