Friday, October 23, 2015

A memory

I read in the news about an elderly gentleman who called a radio station in the UK. Seems his wife ( at age 95 I believe) went into a nursing home. The man was lonely as he had no one to talk to. The DJ sent a rack to his home and brought him to the radio station to chat fade to face. The phones went nuts, everyone wanted to speak with him. How wonderful, a simple act of kindness, brought a huge smile and some company to this man. I told the hubs and I started to cry. It made me think of my dad.  Soon after my mom was buried, we all were having breakfast, and my dad started to cry, I mean sobbing. It broke my heart.   He loved her and now he was alone. He had us but it's not the same. It was hard to watch, I admit this freely. It just passed through my thoughts and decided to share. Tell those you love how you feel. You never know. Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment