Thursday, October 1, 2015

Just A Quick Note On This Latest School Shooting

Reading about this shooting in Oregon. Words of sorrow seem so insignificant, yet they are the only ones that seem right. Already, I'm reading of banning guns, if he was black, if he was a redneck, all the if and what shouts. It's all bullshit at this moment. What matters is those poor families who lost people, mothers and fathers who will not speak to their children in the morning, friends who won't meet up for coffee before classes. I am so sad and so sick about this. Look I left the church years ago, but I am spiritual. I have faith in a higher power. To single people out due to who they believe in, just makes me wonder when did religion start to cause people to fear, to hate, to shun other human beings. It's supposed to comfort, guide, give a sense of community and teach respect for life. A friend's was telling me about a book he's reading, perhaps religion has run its course. So much turmoil attached to it. I can't imagine what it was like on that campus, hearing screams and gunshots. I just hope that the families and friends of these poor souls somehow find a way to get a handle on this, I'm not sure if it's possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment