Thursday, January 31, 2013

Media View - I Just Had To Post

     I was sitting tonight watching a little TV and an ad for GNC comes on the air. There is this woman in a hoody and sunglasses saying how great she feels and she is 91 years old. It's showing people at the gym, and swimming and exercising. This older woman says its never too late to get young. She shouts out: Respect yourself!!!  Now I am going to the gym, trying to get myself fit BUT I think it was a little harsh for them to say that. It's almost like if you don't do what they are showing you don't respect yourself. SO NOT TRUE!! I do suppose there are people who don't care about themselves in any way shape or form, but I am not one of them. Just because someone doesn't work out or may be overweight, does NOT mean they have no respect for themselves. I ask this, how much respect do those women who go to the gym with hair and make done like they are going to a disco have. They are there to pick up guys. That's fine, but do they respect themselves? I don't know, but the fact that they are at the gym doesn't equate with respect. I go to the gym as I said before and yes I DO respect myself. I respected myself before I went to the gym. Respecting yourself comes from accepting yourself, being the best you can at any age or weight. I just hate the way the media can make you feel, the way it makes our young people ashamed if they look different or even are attracted to someone who does not fit the "NORM" of society. It's a damn shame that we are judged on our looks instead of our abilities. It is slowly changing but not fast enough if you ask me. But I am just voicing my opinion. 
     Short one tonight folks, so I will say Ciao For Now :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment