Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Almost There

     Well it's nearing the week's end and I am planning to go up to see my Dad this weekend. So we have been relativity snow free all winter season so far and damn that Murphy and his laws, it's supposed to snow tomorrow with accumulations of anywhere from 2 to 6 inches and the most to happen towards the evening. So there is a good chance that I may have too watch for black ice on my drive up. The weather is going to be below freezing so - oh goodie!!!  I am going though, I haven't seen my Dad since before Thanksgiving.   AHAHA, speaking of my dad. I called him tonight on my way home from work and he said to me that he couldn't really talk as he was getting ready to go out with his lady tonight. He was positively giddy sounding, it was so cute so I said by and he will have to tell me about it over tea when I get home Friday night. We always have a cup of tea and a quick chat when I arrive there, so I can only imagine this trip. LOL 
     I have an odd thing going on. Since I have to put aquafor on my leg every night and I don't want to catch any germs, I use a lot of hand sanitizer. I am starting to have the pads of my fingers get really dry and flake a little, so I am using more lotion on them. A few people at work are telling me its the hand sanitizer. That makes sense to me. 
     I've just decided as I have been typing that I am wearing my new snow boots tomorrow. I bought them and although no name brand, they are cool looking and maybe if I wear them they will ward off the snow. Like if you carry an umbrella it won't rain, or light up a cigarette and the bus comes. 
     Explain something to me, anyone okay? I bought the 3rd season of Downton Abbey on Itunes and the first 3 are available to download. So they are downloading and now episode 2 and 3 are done but episode 1 is still downloading and says it has 4 hours left. The episode I want to watch is not available but the next two are.  Why didn't they load in order, it makes no sense to me? Explain please. I am so hooked on that show, it's addictive and I need to see it but it order. LOL I'm such a girl sometimes!
     I am going to do some baking this weekend. My kitchen in NY is so much bigger than my home here. I am planning on a few pound cakes, then I will freeze slices for my dad and he can have cake on hand when he wants a slice. I'm making him meatloaf and he wants me to make my beer bread to go with it, lol. I some beer here that I will bring as he is a Budweiser guy and I like fuller beers. I am bringing my Sam Adams Winter Lager and it should work very well. I like Killians too when I make it. I have to bee good as I am watching my carb and sweet intake. I may have a small slice of beer bread with dinner, dad on the other hand may eat the rest of the loaf. He is a skinny man but he can eat like a horse!! I definitely did NOT get his metabolism. Robust Italian mama metabolism all the way for me ;-)  
     Peeps I am going to say night night for now and I dont know if I will be posting tomorrow but I will over the weekend, so as always  Ciao For Now :-D
    

No comments:

Post a Comment