Monday, January 21, 2013

Good Weekend Indeed

     Hi all, technically for me I have a long weekend as I am off from work tomorrow. Not because here in the states it's Martin Luther King day or that it is also inauguration day, I simply took the day off so I could come to NY to relax and have a great weekend with friends. As it turned out it didn't quite work out to plans but was really very nice anyway.
     I got here about 1AM on Saturday morning (or Friday during the night LOL) as I took the Pennsylvania route instead of my normal as that way was backed up. It is a longer drive but very pretty. Although it was dark so that is really a moot point I suppose. Had a cup of tea with my Dad and then off to bed, and as par for the course I couldn't sleep, and saw my phone say 3AM before zi actually fell asleep. Come the morning I went downstairs to make breakfast for my Dad and also gave him his Christmas gift AND his birthday gift. His B-day is the 29th of Dec. I hadn't seen him since before Thanksgiving.
    So now I must tell you of my morning as it does have a point that I will in time get to. I needed to get my nails done and as luck had it I found a place on Yelp that got great reviews, so I said why not. I passed it and all the street parking was taken and I thought oh no, so as I turned to go back (I made a U turn as I was on opposite side of the road) I saw a car leaving and I took that spot. It was directly IN FRONT of the nail salon, how perfect!! I had the owner do my nails and she was wonderful, did such a great job. She finished the entire thing with a shoulder/neck massage that was pure delight. 
Then I left to go to the grocery store, some man started to talk to me in the frozen food aisle, nice enough and then later when I went to check out, guess who I'm behind, YUP!!!! He kept talking and was very nice, then this lady behind me starts to talk to me. I noticed about 50 cans of cat/dog food. Turns out she built a shelter in her barn. Her friend who is a vet, together with the lady behind me were taking in stray animals that were the result of Hurricane Sandy, What a nice woman, as it was evident they pay for the food and she said that her friend gives her vet services for free. Such a wonderful thing to do and I told her so. The point i was making is that so many people think of NY people as cold and harsh and I admit many are, but the majority are fine. Got back and made dinner for Dad, myself and my friend who came to visit. It was a pleasant day all around.
     Sunday I was tired, happens often as the drive hides the stress for a day. I made breakfast again LOL and went to lay down. When I got up from my nap i saw my leg was red, OH NO  So i took aspirin and rubbed lotion all over it. So I spoke to my friend to let her know I thought it best to not go out. I do not want a relapse, but right now it seems better.  So I ordered a pizza for dad and me, as real cheesy good NY pizza!!! It was so tasty and Dad liked it to. Then we had tea while we watched Downton Abbey. I came up here to my room and went online and now here I am. So no big get together tonight but the weekend was lovely, calm, quiet and I had a really nice time just talking with my dad. Going through some old pics with him, I put a few on facebook tonight :-D Nice indeed 
     Well guys I have a long drive ahead of me tomorrow (planning on leaving around half 10) so I'm saying good night and of course Ciao For Now    

1 comment:

  1. Had a great time bsing Sat. Meatloaf was delicious! It's nice to have quiet nights like that and I was glad that you didn't stress with your leg.As much as you laid around in the hospital you still need to go easy.But next time we open the wine!

    ReplyDelete