Thursday, January 3, 2013

HUZZAH!!

     This exclamation of joy is due to the fact that my tether (aka PICC line) was taken out this morning. No more IV meds for me. I can't tell you how freeing it feels. I know its silly but to have that line in me just made me feel kind of robotic. It's dumb I know but here was a line in me that hooked up to another line I prepared every day, twice a day, and administered liquid antibiotics to my system, like a robot getting an oil change. Told ya - dumb! LOL Now though I AM DONE!!! YAY  I go back to work next week (Wednesday) and that is good as right now this week I am on FMLA which means no pay as I've used all my sick and vacation time up. I like my job and when I told my manager today she was very happy I am coming back. It was nice to hear. :-) So all looks promising and I am feeling SO much better. I even went out this afternoon and got my nails done. Tomorrow I have an appointment at the hair salon as well.  Hey I need to get myself back on track, right? A lady likes to do what she can to look pretty, and I need a complete overhaul after almost a month of being ill. I may even buy some new slacks over the weekend. Oh she is on fire!!!!! BWAHAHAHAHA
     I sat myself down this afternoon and wrote out an eating plan for myself. Not a crazy diet but a healthy one. One that I can follow and one that does allow an occasional treat but mostly has good proteins and has very little red meat. More chicken and fish, and of course lots of veg. Hubs loves fish so this weekend we will be having some lovely salmon en papillote, with leeks and fennel to add flavor, the recipe looks divine and I can't wait to try it. I am going to try to be more creative with salads and use spices and herbs more. Only fast food allowed will be from Chick-fil-A as they have a very nice grilled chicken salad. I tend to eat a lot of the same thing when I watch my intake and I get bored, so I am going to do my best NOT to get bored! Like I've said this is my life and I will always have a weight issue and I am fine with it. I am not going to obsess and I know I will lose and get more fit, I have to! This is THE year I head overseas and I have to keep my promise that I will walk to the places my friend said he has picked out to show me. I want to enjoy my visit and I don't want to break a promise to a friend (or myself). So here's to me ;-) 
     I tell ya hubs has been so wonderful during all of this, I have to think of something to do for him. Yea yea, I don't mean that way, you naughty people. HEHE that's a given ;-) I think I will get him a few of a certain cigar he really enjoys. They are about $15.00 each so he rarely gets them. Yep I decided - that's what I will do!  I was supposed to go see a friend's band play this coming weekend but I'm not sure I'm going to be able to. They are a classic rock band and he's very good. They have a good sound and I want to be there to support their first gig. I have to check if the gal near me is going and I could hitch a ride with her. We shall see.  Well I just wanted to share my happiness today about getting untethered. I will leave you here until next we meet. I say as always, Ciao For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment