Wednesday, January 23, 2013

When One Door Closes Another Opens Right?

     Well peeps today I got the news that I am being laid off, made redundant, sacked, RIF'd , a rose by any other name still means no job after next week. I was not fired which is good so I can apply for unemployment. They got rid of all the supervisors at my job, there are 4 of us. Two for HR and two for Payroll. I spoke to my counterpart in HR and he is trying to be positive and not dwell on it. Same here really and I already have spoke to a few people and am revamping my resume. I will not be leisurely enjoying the days at home, I need to get a new job. I mean we will be okay but I need to work.
     I am very bummed out, as my main thing, the ONE THING I wanted beyond everything is now going to have to be halted. I will not be able to go to England now until next year!! Unless I get a new job right away that pays the same or better I still may be able to swing it. I told a young lady I would see her in person this year and she was so happy at the thought of that, and so was I. It pains me to have to tell her it's not going to happen. I cried for a short time when I first heard but no tears now. Sadness, most definitely, but I am not going to let this get me down. much
     I am going in tomorrow to sign all the paperwork, then Friday to say goodbye to everyone. I need to go to the unemployment office to get that set up. Then I upload my resume to Linked In and a few other places. Oh man I need to get my shit together as I am a 50 year old overweight (but adorable lol) woman. They are not throwing jobs at my feet, not when the saucy young things are wanting the same jobs. I'm not being all woe is me, I am being a realist. It's something I have dealt with all my life, I'm used to it.  Cross your fingers for me, ciao for now

No comments:

Post a Comment