Monday, January 28, 2013

Full Moon and New Starts

     Did you see her tonight? The moon I mean. She was shining brightly tonight, this always makes me feel at peace. I love the full moon, it shines with a coolness that illuminates like ice on a pond. There was a stillness out tonight. This is a time approaching new starts. How appropriate for me as I to am starting on a new journey, one I know, I feel, will end wonderfully. Next week this time is the Pagan holiday of Imbolc. Christians and many Wiccans/Witches call it Candlemas. It's a time of various meanings, but it is a time when in legend the Goddess will rise a white serpent from the ground to let all know if Spring is on it's way. Kind of sounds like Groundhogs Day does it not. Yea you would be amazed at how many Pagan ways were incorporated into new fangled ways. Only Groundhog Day is not new, if I remember correctly it was celebrated in Germany and was continued when settlers came to America. Also we can see it is a feast of the earth, new buds may be starting to sprout, it is a time to prepare and even in some places start to plant for the early harvest. It is also the time when sheep will be preparing to have their babies. Imbolc translates to Ewes Milk. It is not uncommon to find all kinds of dairy on an Imbolc alter. Milk, butter, breads are all traditional offerings. It is also a crossover of sorts as in Christianity it is the feast of St. Brigid. To Wiccans/pagans especially of Celtic path (which I am) Brigid is a Goddess of hearth and home. A maiden Goddess, one aspect of the Triple Goddess (Maiden, Mother, Crone) which, on a personal side note, the symbol for this was my first tattoo ever. I was reading some legend and lore earlier and it is said that you leave a piece of clothing out on this night and Brigid will bless it and make it sacred to you. This holiday is also the mid point of the Winter Solstice and the Spring Equinox, at this time of the year we try to find the light once again. I usually buy all my candles I will use in ritual by this time and bless them on the feast night. One day I really would love to make my own but for now they are purchased. I will make a small milk cake, I mean small as both hubs and my self are being good with our eating. (This weekend not withstanding LOL) I am a solitary practitioner now and I do not have to be as formal as some may. I do mark my high holy days in my way. I miss being part of a circle like years back but as with any deity you look towards its your intent, as the Lord & Lady know your heart. Nothing I have said on this is secret, you can find all of it if you do a Google searh but there are the inner workings, things I may do, that I was taught, you will not find online. That is secret. Oh there are rituals written word for word and steps on how to become this or that but I promise you, the real meat & potatoes of the group is not published anywhere. Things are passed down. Books and internet are good places to start though. And PLEASE PLEASE remember that Hollywood loves to sell movies and witches are evil and worship the devil and all that crap. NO WE DO NOT, we don't even believe in the devil, we believe in karma, and taking responsibilities for your actions. Okay let me get off my broomstick as I can rant on about this a lot!! LMAO
     But Mary aren't you know out of work?  Why yes, yes I am. I was upset, tomorrow (Monday) will be upsetting as Im getting my last things out of my office, computer access will be terminated, I already turned in my badge on Friday. BUT BUT BUT I am not going to dwell on this. There is simply something waiting out there for me to do and I just need to go find it, and I will. If I get lucky and find something right away then perhaps my trip to England will not have to be delayed and I will now have a more open schedule on when I can fly out. On a plane dearies, my broom would never make the trip!! ;-D 
     Speaking of England I spoke to a lovely young lady and her sister today, we face timed as Skype was being a bit of trouble. My friend's daughters are delightful and I enjoy speaking with them. The younger one, well I just love, I feel akin to her in some ways, don't know why, maybe it's because we both spill things, her laugh is like bells, and she always does when I twitch my nose at her LOL The older daughter is becoming such a beauty, she has these gorgeous huge eyes, like her mother. Beautiful young ladies, both of them. It was a pleasant surprise speaking with them. I also saw their cousin and Aunt. For the life of me i totally forgot the cousin's name and of course remembered it after she had gone. I hope they don't think me too much a twit! hahaha
     Had my weigh in today and I lost 4 pounds this week. A friend of mine told me about this plan he is doing and I'm going to start this week, I'm hoping to see more of a loss next week. All in all I'm good, leg is much better although I have that cold everyone is getting and I noticed when it was its worse my leg got a little red, but I suppose its normal. My doctor said to watch it and if it swells or my temp goes above 101 to go to the hospital but none of that happened. My temp at its highest was 99.8 and now its back to my normal of 97.6, yea I run a little cool. But baby I'm hot!!!!!  BWAHAHAHAHA
    So as you would expect I am signing off now as its after midnight and the alarm goes off at 7AM. So I say good night and as always, Ciao For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment