Sunday, February 3, 2013

Super Bowl, Puppy Bowl, An Attack, & Molly

     I am writing today and here in America it is Superbowl Sunday. Yes, yet another day when Americans sit in front of the television and eat all the things that are bad for you, yet taste yummy. LOL I know there are those that keep it to a minimum and try to be healthy, these are the people who usually end up watching the game alone. Some have cold cuts and cheese, usually in a six foot submarine sandwich that's cut up, with sides of potato salad, cole slaw, macaroni salad, pickles, cookies, cakes, brownies and cupcakes, and those are the lower calorie parties. I think because there may be a crudites. BWAHAHAHA  At the real hard core lets party time, you will find all I mentioned PLUS, chips, dips, guacamole, tacos, 7 layer bean dip, candy, pizzas, fried chicken and chicken wings, lots of beer and so many other alcoholic drinks, it's a Bacchanalia of food and drinks. I have had these parties and one really good party ended up with a friend of mine getting sick in my neighbors rose bushes - NOT PRETTY!! LOL  Since the man I married will maybe once a millennium watch a baseball game if I turn it on, I don't have to worry about throwing one of these parties now in my life. I have gone to a few and yes I have gotten ill, usually from just a wee too much rum LOL Tonight though we had grilled chicken and veg. Not very exciting but filling and healthy. I am not going to trip up, I even had a sandwich thin with a touch of jam this morning and still came in under my calories for the day according to my fitness app. I had the jam as my end of week splurge, yes a tablespoon of jam is a splurge, it went on the sandwich thin.  I know I'm harping on the food thing but I did it back last year too. I warned you all from the start, my rants as I try to lose my weight. 
     I am cutting back on fake sweets but I do enjoy Splenda, as I have a terrible sweet tooth. I will not use Nutra Sweet or the "blue" packets as that is aspartame and that's terrible for you, where as Spenda is sucrose, yes still not great but even with all the negative articles I have read nothing official that states its that bad. I eventually will just use real sugar as that is always the best. 
     Now lets talk Puppy Bowl. This was on the Animal Planet channel today. OMG it was so sweet. All these puppies playing really but they made commentary same as the regular game. They had hedgehogs with taffeta skirts on and then the halftime show was all cats and kittens. Hubs came up and saw what I was watching, I told him it was half time and he said of course it is. Come halftime they always bring out the pussy.  Rude but funny, I did laugh though. 
     Well tomorrow I go to the gym, I also will be going on the unemployment website and apply. I set up my account last week but since my official last day was Friday, I had to wait until tomorrow (Monday) to finish the process.
     Life here in the mid-Atlantic has been a tease of snow. They kept saying we were getting snow but although we did get lots of flurries and the ground did get a dusting there was no real snow. Not that I want snow I can measure in feet, but its nice to have some snow in the winter. I like cold weather, I'm built for it. I don't like wearing a coat when I drive though, I find it very cumbersome.
     Well peeps, I am going to end this and make myself some tea and ready for bed, hubs leaves early tomorrow so I am going to the gym before the main rush. Will shower there so I get a jump on  the day, lots to do. House errands and I'm planning on cleaning the oven and the kitchen floor. So I will say, as always - Ciao For Now.
OKAY HAD TO COME BACK  
Two things 
1) I just read on one of my Wiccan boards that a woman in PA was punched and had her attackers sic their dog on her, all because she was Wiccan. Police said there was nothing they could do until something "bad" happened. What like being punched isn't bad?! WTF!!?? That is a hate crime pure & simple. They used the dog as a weapon which is a felony. They belong behind bars. This is not made up, as the moderator of the board knows this woman. It's tragic!!
2) On my facebook page I saw that a dog that had been used to lure other dogs for dog fights (which is what the vets surmised) lost her battle the other day and died. Poor little girl was only 6 months old when they found her, tied up in a basement. The rescue workers said it was a miracle she was alive. She had multiple surgeries and went home to a loving foster family. She lived there and was starting to overcome all her scars and ills. The family made a facebook page for this little pit bull named Molly. The video shows her, from basically being chewed up, she only has one eye, then you see her getting better and even all bandaged up she was giving kisses. Then all these wonderful photos of her so much stronger. She developed a bad infection though and she was not able to fight it. At the vets, surrounded by her family she passed away. At least for the last part of her life she knew love.
HOW CAN PEOPLE BE SO CRUEL AND HEARTLESS?? A poor little puppy being used then left for dead. An innocent woman walking down a street attacked for her religion?  They say man is the most evolved animal, but I sometimes have a very hard time believing this. I send all healing thoughts to that woman and well Molly has crossed that Rainbow bridge, run free precious girl. It brings tears to your eyes. I'm crying a bit while writing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment