Monday, February 27, 2012

Yes It really is a new blog! LOL

     I know that it's been several days but it's been busy so I apologize for not writing sooner. So many things occured and for once all of it was good!!  I think the thing I am most proud of is that this Sunday I now have lost 50 pounds!! I am amazed and it makes me want to do more. I am not silly and will do it right, meaning not starving  myself and trust me I don't. I feel like I'm eating all the time.  I do avoid desserts except for special occasions and I had one this weekend. We shared the yummyness though so not as bad. It was bannoffee (not spelt correct I think) basically banana custard, caramel, almond & graham crackers, HOW can you not sample this (?) and it was just delicious! Shared though it was not a large amount, so I got a nice tatse. I also tasted oysters this weekend for the first time and I adored them, East & West coast types. I have found that there are so many types but I enjoyed both of these. The east coast were larger and meatier, and they were served with this red wine sauce that was to die for!! I look forward to sampling more but it may be awhile since most folks here in VA don't go to restaurants that have them. I will though. LOL  I also tasted a bloody mary for the first time and although very spicy, it was good. I would order one next brunch time but not as spicy. Although I enjoy mimosas as I like champagne so very much - hehehe - burp!  ;-P 
     Well enough about food, lets talk people.  I love people and people watching, and Gods, I love being in a situation where I can have a nice talk with a friend and just go on one tangent after another and yet it all makes some sense. You can be yourself and hell even spill food on yourself and not worry (too much) if it happens. Ever look so forward to seeing someone and then you get a bit shy when you first do?  It happens to me on occasion, I get over it very quickly but it's like I need an invisible nudge, very odd for sure. LOL
     I had the BEST weekend though, good food, great company and a warmth and comfort level that only comes from mutual respect and caring and...... liking the same shit!!  HAHAHA  of course I am always willing to try new things so thats a plus too. 
    Peeps I ate, and drank but even though it was filling it was an occasion and then still losing 2 pounds since Thursday BONUS.  This past weekend was as near to perfect as it gets, it is now a treasured memory. I could go on & on but I won't as I think you all get the idea. It gave me something also, it gave me a shot  in the arm. To keep going the path I have chosen now, a renewed sense of purpose shall we say. There are those in your life, or situations,  that do that for you; this was one of those! So here's to steady steps, proper choices and more outrageous times to come. So until next time  Ciao For Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment