Wednesday, February 1, 2012

It happened again!!!

Really people this is getting old. In the store while I was shopping for my veggies this "normal" size woman looked me up and down and actually had a look of disgust on her face. Did I do anything wrong was the thought in my head. Of course I didn't but I had the nerve to shop for something healthy that I enjoyed. Would she have felt better if I had been shopping for cakes? Let me tell you something, I shop in all sections of the grocery store excluding maybe the baby section. Ever wonder why you won't see me there? I'll tell you why! I can't have children! I had uterine cancer so I had to have a hysterectomy. Want to know something else Ms. Judge & Jury of me? I was told that this type of cancer is common in overweight women, so besides having a miscarriage, then cancer; I find that it is more than likely my own damn fault!? Does that make you feel better? Of course we will never know because people like you who think you know me from looking at me would never take the time to get to know me!! You might even say I deserved it, but I beat you to it. I have cried more tears than you could imagine, wishing I could go back to when I was younger and inform myself of what was to be. So here I am with a 5 now in my age finally for the first time perhaps trying to get fit. I am not talking size 8 I'm talking for size 14/16! Fit does not equate with skinny, not by a long shot. See grocery lady, I'm not doing this for your approval because well, fuck your approval it means nothing to me. I'm doing this for me and yes for those I love. My Dad already buried my Mother; I couldn't stand to think he would have to do the same of me! Nor my husband, I can't leave him early, who would nag him as well as I do, and my friends....how could I possibly deny them as many days of my life to share, how indeed could I deny or not care enough to be around for ALL those people who mean so much to me?! Am I scared? Fuck yes I'm scared but I beat my fear each ounce I lose, with each drop of blood pressure, with each extra minute of walking I do. You see dear grocery lady I don't mean to be rude but your acceptance means zero to me. Walk a mile in my kitten heels first. That's all I ask, because I won't judge you the way you judged me.

No comments:

Post a Comment