Monday, February 13, 2012

Let the Flowers Flow

     Hahaha  I know I posted about the upcoming Valentines day flowers arriving and as if on cue today the procession has begun. Two people have gotten huge arrangments of lovely roses.  I figure the florists are delivering what they can today because tomorrow they will be bombarded with deliveries. I work until 8 so it will be a very low key night for us. I will more than likely bring home Outback Steakhouse or the like and we will have a nice dinner at home. I would love to go out to dinner but hubs is way to uncomfortable after a days work, and that's fine. I will maybe see what the weekend brings. 
     It's a long weekend for me actually which is nice, hubs has to work Monday. It's a holiday here in the USA, it's Presidents Day.  I will enjoy a day by myself doing girly things, like giving myself a facial, getting a mani/pedi, then cook a nice dinner which is a rare thing during the week due again to my schedule. I love to cook for hubby, heck I love to cook & bake period!  Our next house must have a big kitchen so I can whip up delicacies galore.  My friend in maine and I often have talked about opening a pie shop up there. Yes I AM Mrs. Lovett  hehehe  I tell you this, if you say you use Maine blueberries, the tourists would buy them for sure. Maybe that will be my retirement.
    I will be back in a bit as it's the middle of the day and I have things to do here at work.
   I'm back & back onto VD Day. LOL  Just looking forward to tomorrow ending on a high note and Valentine's over for another year. I love LOVE, those who know me realize this. I use the word all the time but I do mean it. I have affection for so many things and people. Most of my friends I have crushed on at one point or another, even those who like the same sex.  I just do, it lasts maybe a day or so and of course I know where I am and what I mean to them and vice versa, so no one pays me any mind in those moments.  Hubs asked what I wanted for Valentine's Day and I really had no answer. I still want that Tiffany bracelet but thats too much to ask, maybe a Pandora bracelet. (God I hope the ones I got at Christmas were real, I believe they were, should have gotten one more hehe) I don't have one of my own yet. Would be fun to collect the beads and trinkets for them. I tell hubby this and I always seem to have to provide a URL so it takes the fun out of it. Not his fault though, he is not a jewelry person. I'm lucky he wears his wedding band. I wish he would pierce his ear, I'd love to get him an earring. It really isn't about presents though, it's sharing yourself with another person that makes it beautiful.
     The reality is that I am content, my love is true and over the years its deep. I hold this true for my spouse as well as my friends, so to limit that love to one day a year seems so, well, limiting!  I like to do things all through the year to show my love. I may see something that reminds me of someone, or I will write a story or poem for someone, or take a picture. All throughout the year I look for things that hubby likes and will bring home surprises. He would bring me home these wonderful candles but the lady he got them from doesnt work with him any more. I love the thought of getting flowers tomorrow but I am not expecting any, and that's fine. I know hubby knows I love him and he loves me back.   My friends love me and I love them back , my family loves me and I love them back also.  So you know what? Tomorrow isn't that bad a day after all. Love is beautiful and true love rare, in a mate and in friends. So cherish those people in your life who fall into that rare love, and what the hell, call them tomorrow and wish them a Happy Valentine's Day, tell then all you love them, it costs nothing except maybe a phone call. Best of all hugs & kisses actually BURN calories!!  Hot damn!!!!  :-D  
So as always, until next time  Ciao For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment