Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Less Than A Week Away

     Yes in less than 7 days that holiday with the cute little cherub shooting arrows at lovers hearts will be upon us. One of the ladies at work, a newlywed, has already gotten a small "countdown gift"  A WHAT!!!?????  You are pulling my chain right? Nope - all true. So she will be getting 7 little gifts, like the 7 plagues of Egypt they will be arriving for all of us to view and make oooh's & aahh's over. Now don't get me wrong, I am genuinely happy for her but Valentine's Day is a day when I notice the empty space on my desk. I do get a gift and last year I got this very netbook I am typing this blog on so in no way am I complaining in that area. I also got him a giftie in case you were wondering, I not a heartless bitch! LOL Yet there is something about flowers that just appeals to the romantic in me. I do get them from him and from friends and I just go gaga over them. They smell divine and look beautiful. Every Spring I buy tulips for my desk to welcome the season. I just love flowers, I have them in the house as well. I would love to have a green thumb but no, so it's the florist for me. Now all this really does sound petty and needy and I don't mean it to be and if no flowers arrive on Valentine's Day I won't be very upset as I am secure in my hubby's love and the love I get from my friends as well.   
      Speaking of love, it really is something special and over just the last few months I have really come to appreciate the subtlety of it. Especially with friends. I have a very over zealous nature which I am trying to calm and I'm finding when you don't over push and just listen (both figuratively and actually) you see the love and have a much better give and take. I think I can say now after analyzing myself that when I start a friendship I want that passion and excitement to continue and it seems it always dies down but then I finally realized its still there but you need to leave it be and just be secure it's there. Hard lesson I'm going to admit but one well learned as of late. God knows I've said how much I love my friends but it sounds hollow when said too often. Seeing my girl this past weekend just made it sink in. As we hugged and got teary my memory surged and the love I have for her opened like a blossom. Then for the duration of our time spent together there was that comfortable knowing. Example would be when during a very touching part of the play we both reached out and held hands while the performer sang her song. Not one word was spoken between us, but the love was very much there & felt. Now we are not near each other but we will be again and the flower will blossom again. I think I always wonder if they are looking forward to seeing me as much as I am to see them. Don't we always wonder that? LOL   Now the love I feel for my Hubby has also settled into a comfortable knowing.  Oh sure there are moments when we want to kill each other but the love is, as with my dearest friends also, deep rooted! That flower blooms often and sometimes in a most surprising way or time. He can still make me laugh and gets my heart aflutter with gestures he can't even begin to think would cause that reaction. THOSE are the best, because it comes naturally, not forced.
     So maybe it's not weird to have a holiday devoted to love, after all Love Makes The World Go 'Round, Love Is A Many Splendid Thing, All You Need is Love, Love Will Keep Us Together, okay I'll stop now hehehe  I do love love, it's passion, it's fire. The beauty and grace of it. It's excitement and thrills. The softness and the power. Making love, slowly and intense and then faster and harder feeling its raw heat and savage need. 
     One little four letter word has so much behind it. So here's to you love, may all of us know you, and feel you, and share you. So with these thoughts I say Ciao For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment