Thursday, February 16, 2012

Hump Day Once Again

     Well it seems that work has settled into a semi-normal routine now and thigs are almost back to order. I said ALMOST, lol and a few things still hang about but nothing like it was.  I have never seen that in my almost 4 years here. Still I really like where I work and the people I work with, which is a rarity I know.
     So yesterday I bring home dinner and we had a lovely albeit carby meal. By that I mean we shared an brick oven pizza starter that was very tatsy but I like brick oven pizza to be more crispy. The main meal was nice, hubs had salmon florentine in a garlic buttery sauce (very good) and I had rigatoni bolagnese with meatballs. Also very good. We sampled each others meal and I left more than half which I admit I was proud of since even last year I would have enjoyed every. Now though it would be way to many carbs and I was quite saited with the small helping & actually I ate very little today ans I think I am still full.  I feel the stuffd feeling that I haven't had in a while. here is the sacrilege, we had a wonderful semolina roll each (about the size of a large golf ball each) and we THREW OUT the rest!! See,  I can make a meal of just those rolls and some good olive oil with herbs to dip them in, add a few cocktails and it's a party!! No not this time though, out in the trash they went. (should have saved them for birds but wanted them out of the house LOL) I had my tatse of this meal on a special night. I have really found the key, it's enjoying the food but not overdoing it. Over the last year I gained some weight so by losing the 44 pounds or 46 depending what day I step on the scale I am losing really only about 30 since I had gained. I could kick myself for that because I could have been over 50 pound loss had I stayed true but thats why in July I said enough!! Tine to get serious and we all know it wil take time, but by next year I plan to be if not my goal, damn near close to it!! My manager is doing great and a bonus is she is giving me her old clothes, so I will have a new wardobe. Of course I will have to hem all the slacks as she is taller than I am.
     Problem is i just love food. I love to cook food, I love to feed other people. I enjoy textures and tastes and unfortunately have a terrible sweet tooth but even that as of late has not been bad.  I had something called a Jammie Dodger a fe months back. I watch so much BBC America and hear about these on all the shows I just had to have them. I enjoyed them becasue they were not overly sweet. Cookies here in America are really sweet. Even some of the recipies. I have cut sugar in half of many of them and they taste fine, usually even better. You can taste the other ingredients like jam or spices. We here in the states really do need to learn portion control again.  It's gotten out of hand. I don't drink soda much anymore but one place I went to had diet root beer (LOVE ROOT BEER) so I ordered a small.  It came in a 20 ounce cup. I said to the waitress I ordered a small and she informed me that was a smal. Really?? 20 ounces small?? Years ago my mom had a hamburger press from Tupperware that she would pre make patties for cook outs we used to have.  I bought a new one about 5 years ago then brought her containers home to use.  Nope couldn't do it, could not use hers as the burger size had increased about 40%. The press didn't fit into the burger holder, holy cow that's huge!!  (No pun intended) Big doesnt always mean better with food.
     I am learning so much online about what to at with whatand hey I'm from New York and I love bagels.  All carbs but instead of butter use peanut butter. Thus way yu get the protein from that instead of adding pure fat to pure carbs.  Smart choices are key. Changing your way of eating really requires 2 things. Thinking first and not impluse eating. Then second is planning! Taking time to see whats available and what to prepare.  It can be more expensive since veg is pricey but hey...I'm worth it. We all are, right?   So yes when something special happens I may (okay will!!) induge a bit but day to day I am diligent in getting in my salads and proteins and no carbs.   You know what else I did? You may think I'm really stupid but I have a special plate I use. It's so pretty and it's a bit smaller than the normal dinner plate. I use this to eat off of so maybe one night I'm not thrilled with what I'm eating but I AM eating it off my special plate.  LOL Kind of like a 2 year old finishing their food so they can see the pretty picture at the bottom of their bowl.  hahahahaha  
     Its' been a slow day so not much to speak about and really to busy for me to read anythng that got me pondering, so i will just leave this as it stands.  So thanks for coming by and...... oh okay I will post a funny pic...bwahahaha 
It's so wrong but so funny!!!  Well there ya go one and all and as always Ciao For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment