Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

     Okay the day has come and it actually has been a good one. Hubs truly surprised me with flowers, sugar free candy and a cute card. Sweet night last night and tonight I'm bringing dinner home from a very nice rustic Italian restaurant. Spoke to some dear friends today & so I have enjoyed the day. I hope you all were with your loved ones too.   I was thinking what to write for tonight's blog, and "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" came to my mind for some reason. I mean he needed to find the real reason of the season, so for me, as I pointed out in my last blog, realized its not the gifts, it's the thoughts and feelings of love. I have felt this love today, and yes I adore my gifts and am so very appreciative of them, but the real emotions were strong.  So I took the Grinch and turned it around a little and made it into a Valentine's, so here you are they rest of my blog for today. Enjoy what came out of my head just now, with some things the same as they were in the original. LOL  This would have been when the Grinch had taken all the Chritmas gifts and decorations so they couldn't have Christmas and boy was he wrong :-D

They're finding out now that their Valentines aren't coming!
They're just waking up, I know just what they'll do.
Their mouths will hang open a minute or two,
then the Girls down in Cityville will all cry, "BooHoo."
How could it be so? It came with no ribbons!... They had no new tags!... 
There were no Dior packages, Tiffany Boxes, Coach bags!
He puzzled and puzzed till his puzzler was sore. Then the Vinch thought of something he hadn't before.

Maybe Valentine's Day, he thought... doesn't come from a store.
Maybe Valentines Day, perhaps... means a little bit more! 

And what happened, then? Well, in Cityville they say - that the Vinch's small heart grew three carrots that day. And then - the true meaning of Valentine's came through, and the Vince found the strength of *ten* Cupids, plus two! 
Welcome, Valentine's Day, bring you hear. To all the people far and near. 
Valentine's Day is ours to share,  so long as we have love & care. 
Valentine's Day will always be just as long as we have we.
Welcome Valentine's Day while we kiss, caring hearts, think of those we miss.
Welcome Valentine's Day we hold you dear just as we hold our loved ones near.  

Have a great night and until next time Ciao For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment