Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunday Snow

     They said we were due to get some flurries but they have yet to appear. The weather is very gray outside but it's all good. I sometimes dig that type of sky. It's interesting how many shades of gray there are. Makes sense really as sometimes when bad things happen, you need to look at it from a step back and see how gray it really is. Like today I go out and found that I need a new front tire. Seems that part of the belt came away from the tire. I didn't even know it could do that.  Sucks, but quite doable as tomorrow is a day off and a there is a NTB tire store right near  my home. Now I call this mid-gray. See could be worse, could have happened on my way to NY, a blow out would be a definite dark gray!! All in the way you see things. 
     I'm trying to be so positive. Heard from my doctor after I got home on Friday and turns out that my sugar levels are high, now it's not insulin injection time, nothing that bad at all, it's more like keep doing what I have been doing, eating better and getting exercise. This is mild and he also told me that within the year it should be non existent but I wonder what it may have been 6 months ago if I had not decided to change my life eating life style. He told me that from my last visit almost 2 years ago (I know bad Mary) I weigh 56 pounds less. Wow how much did I get up to? Oh I know and I am just gobsmacked (love that word - thanks BBC America) that I ever got that high to begin with. You know you look at people and wonder the same thing about then and here you are just as guilty. I just don't move enough and I have been trying to rectify that. Yes I get to the gym, no not as much as I should. Obviously the trainer session was postponed until this coming Wednesday for me. I am going to incorporate light weights and a few other machines into my workout. I have a stress test on march 2nd to see what level I need to push myself too. I did well on my last one and that's when I had that 50+ extra weight so I should do well on this one also. I want this full physical done, I want to know where I stand. I'm too young to be old. Hindsight being 20-20 of course this should have occurred years ago, but no sense crying over what could have been, and concentrate on what is now. I'm going to thrive!!!! That's a promise not to any of you but to myself! Not that my friends & family don't matter but this is for me alone to do. I do ask that occasionally if I get down just give me a hug or tell a bad joke, I don't get down for long. According to Doctor he says stick with lean meats, low carbs, good grains and even cake or sweets on occasion. Been doing that and with the added movement, I should be able to accomplish all my plans.
     One thing I am planning, my main one, is my trip to England. I was speaking to my friend's daughter yesterday on FB and she asked if I was still coming. I told her yes and she said she was the happiest 11 year old ever!! I got teary at that, I'm a sap I know. Then I was advised to get with her Dad to plan the time, I can only assume she means so I can hang with the entire clan :-) I think she is secretly around 25 and not 11. I want to share lots of fun times when I get there. I know me though, I'm sure I will wander around by myself and get lost in the place I have have dreamed of going since I was a little kid.
     Ah just noticed that the flurries have started. Looks pretty :-) 
     Well I should be back later as I have to get dinner ready. We are having a pork roast, with brussels and garlic cauliflower. Made a sugar free pumpkin custard for dessert too. Yummy all around :-)    Catch ya in a little while.  

     I'm back and dinner was yummers, and left overs to boot! Just planning out my week, oh and the flurries have stopped. Nothing on the ground. 
I am going for my tire tomorrow AM and then a mani/pedi.  I broke 3 nails in the hospital, so I cut the rest down. I'm not the kind of lady that will go ballistic when I break a nail. I love my nails long & deep red but they still have some length to them and as long as they look neat. I will go with maybe a pinker shade until they get longer. We shall see, maybe I will do them black or teal, funk out a bit ;-) I want to get new clothes and dress up a bit. More dresses, tights. Lacy bras and panties. I see so many great outfits on Tumblr and I can't wait until I can wear them. Thing is, yea I'm a bigger gal but my boobs are not what you think they would be.  I am okay with my body, I accept it 100% BUT I wish my boobs were bigger. A woman needs a nice squishy set  {RANDOM!!!LOL} Well I don't have huge tits but I do have a huge heart. I will be square with you and treat you the best I know how, so i am figuring I'm pretty okay :-)   I will admire what I like on the other ladies and work with what I have to be the only thing I can be...MYSELF.  I think I'm a bit overwhelmed right now. The last few days have given me so much to think on, and with issues that several of my friends (& their families) have had (are having) it's a lot to digest. Life is just so precious and I plan on living mine for a long long long time. So until next time lovelies I say Ciao For Now
   

No comments:

Post a Comment