Sunday, October 2, 2011

Anniversary

     Hello darlings, just popping in to see how the weekend has been treating all of you. As you know I told all about my lovely anniversary dinner where I got proper snockered!! LOL Well yesterday the hubs and I went to a hotel near us just to have a change of scenery and enjoy a "date" night. It was so very nice. We got there around 3PM and had a very nice room on the top floor. Weather was very rainy and chilly but candles and low light made the chill of the outside only a mere suggestion as inside the room it was cozy and warm. Very renewing as we talked more in a few hours than we have in the last few years. We rediscovered each other and it was nice to know that after all this time I still turn him on and vice versa. We enjoyed the afternoon then after a quick shower we went to dinner. We went retro to a place that is styled after a 1950's dinner and we were bad as we got mikshakes, he got root beer (which I tasted and was yummy) mine was chocolate, peanut butter, caramel & marshmallow combo. Hey if you are gonna be bad ...be BAD!! Well since I've been eating healthier I ate about half my food. He finished his but declined finishing mine. So I brought it back to the hotel and it was never eaten. Just didn't want it, I was so full from the half meal. lol  
      The hotel had soft fluffy robes and terry wraps for after the bath. The bath products were Gilchrist and Soames so they were very nice and made for a lovely bubble bath. I came out of the bath and was surprised by a bottle of champagne and one of Asti. These were a  HUGE SURPRISE. Another one for this anniversary. The night progressed and as it wound down hubs decided he was going to take a bath. He came out and immediately fell asleep (well almost immediately LOL)  I lay there in the dark listening to the snoring and felt very secure!! 
     I know that I was not the only one with an anniversary or a few birthdays as a matter of fact.. I wish everyone had just lovely days filled with love and happiness. Wish I could have shared a glass of champagne with all of you!!
     It's funny how a day of relaxation can just give you a new view. It was so needed. So now reality sets in but I look at it not with dread but with excitement to put the things we spoke about into play. House is getting a face lift and we have been looking at furniture and styles all day. I saw a beautiful plum sofa and love seat and he liked it, so of course now I'm thinking wall colors...LOL    I apologize for the self absorbed post but I'm quite happy right now so well, there you have it!! ;-)  

ABOUT TO RE-POST SOMETHING I WROTE AND THOUGHT IT WOULD BE FUN TO POST IT HERE. SINCE THIS ONE WAS A BIT ONE SIDED. HOPE YOU LIKE THE NEXT POST!!

No comments:

Post a Comment