Thursday, September 29, 2011

Primal Indeed!

     Hello Ladies & Gents today for your reading pleasure we take you to a restaurant in Fairfax, VA.  It's called Joe's Crabshack...they were great then they got sloppy and now they are better again. We went here last night for a casual laid back anniversary dinner as the hubs had a really busy day and didn't feel like going to where we originally were going to. This was fine as I like Joes, and it was very good. Of course the drinks at Joe's are huge, those big round 20 oz. goblets and well I had 3 in 2 hours. It was great! hahahaha    Then came the crab.....oh friends there is something so primal, so basic about ripping into those crabs with your hands and eating with your hands, that I so so SO love!!! You get messy and you just rip out the meat and eat it with your fingers, let me tell you it was a little excting...hehehe  yes I'm an odd duck but I think you know what I mean.  We got home and I was very fluid from the alcohol and I basically collapsed, and Pat was tired from work so the anniversary is to be continued this coming Saturday. We got a room at a local hotel called Hotel Sierra. Nice place, and nearby so a mini get a way plus nice dinner will make for a lovely weekend jaunt.  
     If you read my facebook you know that the hubs remembered the exact number of bobby pins he took out of my hair on our wedding night. That was such a surprise to me and yesterday he sent me roses to work. THAT is not his thing and it meant so much to me. He said last night I'm sorry they weren't white roses which are my favorite, but people it didn't matter, see thing is it was again a surprise, and like I mentioned on the book of face...after almost 18 years together it's something that he can still surprise me. Didn't have to be roses and he chose pink because he knew it was my favorite color.  It was a really good day :-D I was quite touched by all of it.
     So as for weight I finally hit 30 pounds gone, but after last night I wouldn't be surprised to find I gained a pound or two back. It's cool as this is my life not a quick loss and gain it all back. Nope I said from the start I will be diligent but like I told JoAnn life has special times and if I have a slice of cake or pudding, or a drink once in a while I am not going to feel guilty because my general eating habits have changed. In the long run that is what will get me fit, and I plan on going back to the gym next week as my knee , knock wood, seems ot be better. Still limping when I first get up from sitting but mobility is better. There is a trainer at the gym who works with you if you have had injuries so I will speak with her about strenth training. Will let you know how that goes. 
     Well I need to get ready for work so have a great day peeps and here is a pic the hubs took of me last night when we got home (I collapsed on the bed LOL)  and until next time...Ciao 

No comments:

Post a Comment