Sunday, September 11, 2011

NEVER FORGET

     These words are all over pages today, be in newspapers, facebook, twitter, etc.  I have it on my own facebook page but really how can one forget. Those images are burned into my brain. I remember as a kid those buildings being built and watched the news when they opened up for the first time. I have photos taken on the upper deck before they closed it in. My mother worked on the 83rd floor in tower 2. I used to go have lunch with her often as a older teen as I worked over the summers for the same company in another downtown building. I am kind of glad she died before this happened, she loved those towers. This took place in New York but it really was a global attack, over 100 countries lost people that day. I know people who had friends who died there, may their souls rest in peace.  I also am proud to say that two of my friends were there representing NY's police and fire departments respectively. They still say they were just doing their job but I do my job and the only danger I have is getting a paper cut perhaps!! There is nothing you can say really that has not already been said. I felt that i needed to mark this day though. It's been a rough weekend, not what I was hoping for but today puts much into perspective.   I want to let those I love (you all know who you are) know that I do and I wish I could each if you a huge hug & kiss right now! 
     I'm not going to rant on this blog as I only wanted to check in and say I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend. I am plateauing again and damn if I can't get that 30 pound mark!! LOL Well until next time peeps....ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment