Sunday, September 18, 2011

It's Sunday part deux...

     Well as this day comes to an end I will say cautiously (as not to tempt fate) that my knee is getting better. This is a good thing since my co-worker is out this week and I am working early shift training the 5 people we hired as annual enrollment temps. Week always flies by when training :-D   I had the pleasure of watching a live matinee broadcast of my friends Debbie & John in their performance of  Moon Over Buffalo  which was quite good except that the video froze in several spots but the audio kept going. I actually met Carol Burnett who did the play on Broadway, she was having a poster of it framed at the shop I worked at. What a thrill that was!! I really miss doing theater, many friends of mine are involved in some form or another and I found a group near here that I may see what their winter schedule looks like. I would love a good musical since I love to sing. We shall see. 
     I even weighed in after being somewhat lax this week due to my knee and found that I did not lose anything this week but I also did not gain anything. There's that damn plateau again, no worries, this is my life and it will not happen overnight but will happen!! Plus like I said I was lax, not that I ate anything really bad for me but I didn't eat regular food. I ate a few frozen meals since I am on phase 2 of South Beach and it was easier for Pat. That was a concern for me as he was outside doing some home fix it's. We have a home owners association and they did a sweep of the area and we got a list of things to fix. Everyone got a list even my neighbor who just got new siding done!! One of those on our list was that the fence in the yard needed fixing. So today I heard the hubs outside hammering away. I also noticed that he painted the lamppost and got a new light for it as well. He even painted my welcome sign. Granted there is a little patch of black on the grass where the can sprayed but, meh, don't care!! :-D
     I just gave myself a facial. I said I feel better, more myself, and I love to pamper moi with home spa nights.  Normally I get my eyebrows waxed but I did a bit of plucking to give me a weeks reprieve since I was not really mobile to get to the salon. Right now my face is bright pink from the scrubbing, hehehe  I look like I got a sunburn. My hair is growing nicely, by that I mean when I got it cut last week it grows out so that I don't really need to do anything to it. My stylist is good and she gave me my lovely blonde with a darker honey blonde in the back. Nice contrast and something different, which is always good.  My next step is to buy some new clothes. That's next two paychecks.  
     I am forming my next blog as I type the end of this one. It will have a subject and my thoughts on it. I will ask your opinion as well. So get ready, I'm sure you are all on the edge of your seats right now! LOL 
Until next time dears....ciao 

No comments:

Post a Comment