Saturday, September 24, 2011

Happy Birthday Mr. Henson

     It's been 21 years since Jim Henson died. That is SO hard to imagine, the time flies by. He always seemed a gentle soul to me. Oh I am sure he had anger and tears like any human does but he came across so kindly, how could you not have a childlike innocence in you to come up with the Muppets!!?  He was a huge part of my life as a young child and he was part of our culture. Everyone knows the Muppets. I often think he was probably amazed at how they grew in popularity. They had their own show, had the coolest guests too. They even made movies.  One of my favorite lines is from The Muppet Christmas Carol "Light the lamp not the rat!!"  HEHE
He was also a huge part of Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock and I loved not only the Muppet movies but ones like "Labyrinth" and "The Dark Crystal"
     It was so sad how he died. He wasn't well I read and went to a doctor who didn't find anything. Told him to take aspirin then it turned out he had bacterial pneumonia and because of it he had organ failure. Sad chain of events that was but he leaves a legacy that will not soon ever be forgotten.

     I just wanted to say I thank this man for always making me smile. I hope you found your "Rainbow Connection" 
     I leave this blog with a song that the people he worked with sang at his memorial in NYC, there was another in London I believe.  Peace out my peeps 

No comments:

Post a Comment