Thursday, September 1, 2011

Scents & Sensibility

     Okay guys I started this blog to track my weight and just blurt out my mind. Occasionally this is interesting most times it is quite banal I know and I thank you all for reading the boring posts. :-D  So drumroll as we enter the month of September. Since July 5th I am one pound away from my 30 pound loss. I went to the doctor two weeks ago for the MRSA and yesterday when I weighed in I had lost 9.6 pounds (digital scale) so went home last night and I am down 29 pounds. I am going to take a pic of me in my blouse so you can see how loose it's gotten.
     Now lets get to the scent section of this blog.  I LOVE SCENT!!! I just went to Bath & Body Works and bought a few new sprays to put in the bathroom at work. They have the fall line out and of course it's spiced pumpkin and ciders and they smell yummy.  I love scent in bath products, personal items and of course cologne and perfumes. Now my love of scent goes back years since I used to bury my face in my Mom's sweater so I could smell her perfume. She wore My Sin which I think was Arpege.  I got my first bottle of Love's baby Soft at 7 and ooh I was a big girl since I now had perfume..LOL,  jump to age 16 and I had discovered the "fine fragrance counter" I was in love! I opted for Opium by Yves St. Laurent.  I did extra chores to earn the money to buy the treasured bottle that was costly.  I now have a laundry list of scent that I like.  I do enjoy the spicy, oriental scents.  Current list would include: Chanel -Coco Madamoiselle, Dior- Addict, Kenzo - Amour, Pucci - Vivara, Issey Miyake- floral, Balanciaga Paris, Tocca - Bianca. Yes I have all these scents on my dresing table and today I am wearing Balanciaga, it's just delicious!!   It's so funny when I met my hubby I was wearing Samsara by Guerlain and he loves it on my and yet has never bought me a bottle  LOL Bless him, his mind is not scent and jewelry geared but he has kept me in laptops, netbooks and my new Nano Ipod. He is the electronics man. I love all my gifts from him and I am okay with buying my own jewelry and scent. I bought him some Armani which I like a lot and also one called PY from Givanchy which he wears on occasion.  I love smells I can't help it. I adore driving in the evening with the top down and smelling the honeysuckle that grows along the road and the sweet smell of the mown grass and hay. I will breathe deep when I encounter these. Of course I love the smell of autumn, the chimneys, apples, baking smells from the kitchen filled with spices like clove and cinnamon....it turns me on! LOL  To me Christmas is another scent holiday. For me the spicy smells and candles and my memory smiles because I remember the cooking smells growing up then too. They say that smell is directly linked to memory and I can so relate to that.  So I guess you can tell I am excited about this topic, probably more than what is normal but then again this IS me and normal rarely is used in the same sentance with my name. LOL
     Now the sensibility section of our program.  I really don't have one. It just made a great title so there you go!!  I will say for the record,  I have found that Common Sense really isn't!  Also I sometimes make no sense and will do what my friends kindly refer to as "Mary speak" often. Other times I seem to be spot on and have been told that I have helped others with my "wisdom"   Wisdom? Me? jury is out still on THAT!! LOL  I know I am not stupid and can hold my own in most conversations but I can come across as flighty on occasion especially when I get terrible letter when playing scrabble. My mind goes dark and echoes. When speaking I will use all sorts of words but to put them down with pre done letters occasionally stumps me BUT I LOVE playing Scrabble and Words With Friends because it makes me think and hopefully I will improve. 
     So my lovlies there ya have it, my ramblings for today, I am going to take some pics to post like I said earlier because its almost comical looking to see my blouse hanging but I am not buying new things ...YET!  Until next time  - Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment