Monday, September 26, 2011

Hello Monday

     Yesterday the sky had that odd blue gray color all day, like it couldn't decide if it wanted to rain or not. It matched my mood though. I was also in that blue gray state where I didn't know if I wanted to cry or not. Ever have those times? Maybe it's just a female thing, I'm not sure. Hormones and all I mean, and mine lately seem to have developed a taste for tap dancing around. I swear my emotions are as erratic as Mr. Magoo's driving!! One day I'm happy as a lark then all of a sudden I get moody. I have noticed though it is usually in direct relation to the people around me. If they are moody I tend to reflect that as well. Maybe I'm some kind of cool empath although sometimes it's not cool! Ah well I don't dwell on it for too long, but that's just me. I like to be happy and to smile. Speaking of smiling, one of the ladies I went to school with told me yesterday on facebook I was one of the nicest girls in school. She said I always had a smile and was nice to everyone.  I told this to my husband and he said, and I quote "oh a doormat"!  THAT pissed me off! I am quite easy going, always have been. I think again it had something to do with being fat.  You see growing up, you make your way through school however you can. There are jocks, stoners, elitists, nerds, and the list goes on & on. I really never fit into any of the "normal" tags in school. I liked what I liked, and I liked lots of different things. To this day, I can't really ever pinpoint the type of music or movies I like as I tend to like most of them. The song Muskrat Love & movie "American Gigolo" being the rare exceptions as both of those make me become like Linda Blair in "The Exorcist" (which is a movie I LOVE!!..scares the pants off me) 
     Easy going does NOT equal doormat, not to me anyway. Now I am the first to say I was a dork. LOL See but a dork is lovable, Karl Pilkington is a dork but he's lovable. I don't mind that word, doormat I do! I have my breaking point, it just takes a lot to get to it. I like to think I am accepting, therefore I fit into lots of different groups, which is ironic since I have a hard time fitting into most jeans I try on.  Meh, who knows. I am me, that's all I know, like it or not, love me or hate me, choice is yours.
     I mentioned music, and I just last night made 5 copies of the CD Mirrorwriting by Jamie Woon for some friends. He is fabulous and I thank my friend for posting his songs on facebook. I was hooked first time I listened. So as we start our week off I will leave you with a video of his.  It's one of my faves from the CD. Enjoy and until next time ...Ciao 


No comments:

Post a Comment