Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day So No Work Today

     It's now about 1:15AM Monday morning. Yesterday was an odd day. Saturday was glamor day, had my hair done and my nails done and Pat & I enjoyed the night. Don't get me wrong, yesterday was sweet in so many ways. Pat & I slept in and had brunch while we watched Young Frankenstein. A Mel Brooks classic for sure. Got some things done in the house and then I got very somber. Just have lots on my mind and I really missed my friends. I try never to call them on weekends because they have lives and they need to enjoy their free time but sometimes I wish one of them would call me just to shoot the shit as they say. Now they do call me, several of them call quite often, I can name 2 who I speak with almost everyday so I don't want what I said to sound needy or selfish. I put too much onto my dearest of friends and God love them they deal with me and know it's only because I love them and am just mental on occasion..hehehe. Not really , well a little I suppose but my friends are my world and when you are far from them the time you spend with them be it in person or over the phone or computer is worth more than any amount of money. It was just my mood today, so I did what I love to do and went for a drive. My hubs , bless him, knows that when I get this way I drive so he indulges me and said have fun. So off I went with fully charged IPod and went up to Purceville and past almost into Berryville. Real town names folks...LOL   I went to a lake near a farm stand off of route 7 and fed the ducks and just sorted my head out, and I looked up and there were 3 hawks riding a thermal and just gliding along. I was so breathtaking to watch. I felt so much better and then came home. A little ironic that to help ease the pangs of not having friends with me I go for a drive ALONE!  Well that's me a walking paradox ;-)  I fixed dinner for us and relaxed then we watched a bit of TV, True Blood to be exact and it was GOOD! lol. Then we just talked and here I am writing this blog. We plan on going up to Skyline Drive tomorrow if weather permits just to spend the day out. Since it's a holiday here in the US we aren't working. Going to be a busy week so it will be nice to head up that way.
     Still on track with my food but I did have a hand full of sweet potato chips, not terrible as I can have sweet potatoes but I do not want to get into the chip snack habit so it was a holiday weekend pleasure. End of story! If we don't get to Skyline because of rain tomorrow I think I will go to the gym. I am feeling much better and my infection is SO much better thank God!! 
     Well that's the early Labor Day report ladies and gentlemen, until either later or tomorrow , peace out!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mary,
    Be careful in the gym with the MRSA. My brother had it and they said he may have contracted it at his gym (a very reputable one I might add). Just be sure to cover the infection when you go. Miss you!

    MK

    ReplyDelete