Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sunday I've got Monday On My Mind (apologies to Robert Smith)

     Well with the surprise of snow yesterday, nothing was done outside that was planned. Seems Mother Nature was trying on her new white gowns but I can't remember the last time I saw snow in October. They said it was over 30 years here in this part of VA, similar I'm sure in NY which is of course home. Always will be. It was nasty too, not the nice snow where it gets that feeling like your in a snow globe because noises are muffled but the wet drippy kind that chills you bones, so of course no one wanted to go out. So of course I went out to get extra supplies just in case. I get to the store and of course everyone is buying their milk and toilet paper, seriously people don't you keep these stocked?? Get on line to wait and my knee is killing me. I start to get my bags out of the cart when this nice man grabs one of them and say "here let me help you're limping". I welcomed the help and thanked him. It was then he asked to go get a Starbucks with me, which is in the same shopping center. I politely declined but it felt nice to be asked. Maybe it's in the air, a friend of mine got hit on also as he rode the trains to work. LOL  It's nice to know we are attractive to others I think but I have found I get more looks than ever before and I'm chalking it up to how I feel about myself.  I am attractive and I am sexy. I can rock a skirt and hose although I don't have any that I like at the moment. I do have the cutest burgundy velvet swing dress that i can't wait to get into. I bought it on a whim one day on sale for like $25.00 and I will be in it by next holiday season believe you me and i already know the black boots I will be wearing with it. I have them earmarked in a  catalog. The dress is not one of my long flowy ones I like, this one is shorter, above my knees, with black tights and boots, whoo hoo I'm gonna look fuckin' hot!!!!!!!! 
     Problem is today I weighed in and GAINED a half pound. WTF?? that's not good no no...so hmm extra salads this week, I don't know but I need to plan my meals to bring to work anyone so that's what I'm doing tonight. Still almost 32 pounds , 31.5 right now.i plan to hit 50 pounds gone by New Years. That's my mini goal. I need to challenge myself and my knee giving me problems is not helping. I may have to suck it up and go see the doctor about it. I hope I'm not doing damage to it, hell I just started walking better and farther!! 
Even with all this , I have a good outlook, yes I will falter but fuck me if I can't get up and go on with it. I am a stubborn woman and it will work to my advantage. Yep in a cursing mood at the mo. So until next time I bid you adieu .

No comments:

Post a Comment