Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Much Needed

     Well tomorrow is my birthday...the 12th of never lol. The saying older and wiser kept going through my head all day. I'm definitely older, but wiser? I like to think so. I know that I can be quite naive in lots of things but work and finally my health I would say so. Although tonight's dinner did nothing to help my waistline but I enjoyed every bit of it. Except for the half I brought home in a doggie bag. hehe I will enjoy that for lunch tomorrow. 
     I really needed tonight. Work has been so busy and not the usual fun place. It's just that we are getting close to crunch time for annual enrollment and it can get tense and I feel it and it just gets a heavy vibe. So I just do what I need to and help where I can.This too shall pass.  Now I set my sights on things I want to accomplish by my next birthday. I would love to be in a size 16, could happen but I will have to be very strong through the holidays. Should be okay methinks.    I want to have my house all new and decorated by then also. I want to learn and do things I haven't done before. I am taking an honest to goodness art class this coming Saturday. Want to see if I can do more than color. A few of my friends draw and a couple of them very very well. Its a talent I long for. So I'm going to try. You have to try and if I don't take to it at least I tried! I have learned that in my years, you have to try things.  You cant let your fears overtake you. easier said than done.
     I had such a wonderful surprise this afternoon. My friend and his children called me from England to wish me Happy Birthday. Ever have something so simple bring you great joy. THIS was such a something!  I was training some people and it made it hard to hear and I'm sure I sounded silly to them but it meant a great deal to me. 
     A wiser woman I pray to become, I want to be a person that makes people glad they know me. I want to make a difference in people's lives, how I'm not sure. LMAO Sorry if this blog seems a bit sideways as I've had several cocktails this evening! So here's to the years going by, may they teach us, may the amuse us and please may they be kind to us. Peace out peeps xx

No comments:

Post a Comment