Monday, February 2, 2015

Six More Weeks Of Winter You Say?

    Well I say I bet you'd be delicious on a grill. Lmao. Well not really, he's very cute. This weather though is coming later in the season and messing up my travel to NYC plans. I'm hoping to meet up with some friends on the 21st. My sis and I want to try this new bar/restaurant in Brooklyn and it may be the perfect place for drinks and some food with two friends of mine. My friend is coming in to the states to help her friend who moved to Brooklyn. I'm thinking where she lives would not be more than half hour or so from the new digs. Have to run it past everyone. Sis is in!  Would be such fun. I see a few negronis in my future.
     Well my Imbolc candle has been lit all day. Reminder of a Spring that will eventually get here. But the day was marked with sadness. My friends Mother died today. He is a former boyfriend, now married to a lovely lady (also named Mary lol). His mom was in and out of the hospitals the last year and a half. As usual it's a relief, as no one wants to see those they love suffer. I feel so bad for him. He was very attached to his mother.
     Feeling about 90% better, so I'm happy about that. Hubs bought me Alka Seltzer for colds maxiumun strength. Well it fizzed me into feeling much better. It tastes like orange soda lol.
So it's back to work tomorrow. Going in to start at half eight. Trying to get some extra hours since my weekend OT plans were shot to shit! Oh and my UP band is charged and ready to go. I try to walk as much as I can during the day but damn I'm so tethered to my desk. I'm going to try and walk around. I've been parking further from the front door and taking the stairs. So hoping to get at least 3 or 3500 steps in at least. More would be better. I am cooking tomorrow night, so back to healthy meals. Bought eggs to eat for breakfast, packing salads for lunch. Very few carbs and only in the mornings. My NYC weekends will be a bit looser but tight ship at home.  I've been lax with too many excuses. I barely was able to walk all those times in England & Paris. But I did! My friend will tell ya I could barely walk two blocks with him. City blocks but still not far at all. I will continue getting better at this. I'm hoping to walk the city at night when he visits. With him, not just wander around in circles. LMAO. ;-D
     Saw a pic on Pinterest of the little mermaid sewing up her legs together. The point being, stay true to you. If you are going to change, do it for YOURSELF!! Otherwise it's useless. You will never be happy. I take pics of me with no make up. Some think I'm crazy, but hey it's me. Like me or don't. I hope you do. I'm pretty cool, sympathetic, good cook, funny and quite humble. Hahaha. Still a good point to remember.
     Anyway everyone, I'm headed to bed. So until next time, ciao for now.



   



   

No comments:

Post a Comment