Sunday, February 15, 2015

Marriage Thoughts feel free to Jump In

     I assume most of you have heard the phrase "razors edge". Being wed is kind of like that. Watching the play Company on YouTube. Sondheim, I like him, less pretty than Webber, in my opinion. Enjoy them both though. Sondheim seems to write about human nature a bit more raw. In company, Bobby is so unsure of marriage, should he? Pros and cons.  I've had this conversation with a friend of mine. She is married, for years now, 2 beautiful children, and her usual day to day life. Theater is a relief we both share. We have spent weekends surviving on vodka and pizza whilst we pondered the question of did we choose right, did we settle, do we still care? We've both had sections of life  where we went off our "set out" courses. It settled my questions, her not as much. In the Spring we plan on meeting for a weekend to have a talk, get drunk, she said she has a lot to say, too much for emails or phones. So be it. I will be there.   I have learned over the years, that you have a roller coaster life. Thrills, anticipation, lows, highs, scares, unsure for a moment, just do it and see what happens. Yep a roller coaster, and if you don't get sick, you keep riding. That's the good part. But sometimes you want to get off the ride. And then, as you walk away, you look back and see it's not that crazy from a distance. As long as you're not the one riding the ride. So you don't wait in cue anymore to ride.  You go around the amusement park looking fir other rides, they are awesome, fun, exciting, and yet you find yourself looking back at that damn coaster.
     What is it with humans? We want someone so bad, to the point we actually allow a part of us to change for someone. Then as the years go by, we find that we don't want to make allowances anymore. Are we no longer in love? Or rather, do we no longer want to suppress a part of ourselves any longer? If that's it then, who's to blame, us or them? I think we don't fall out of love, if someone has gotten to us enough that we want to make them happy we just lessen the level of love. Even if we've been wronged, hurt deeply, we still don't want them harmed. If we want harm come to them well then we gave to think? Was it true love? Or was I just stupid at the time? If it's the latter then we need to let it go, fir our own sanity. But the pain stats there, even that they may cross our minds occasionally.  You know the saying, everyone you meet has something to leave us with. I believe that. I've been fortunate overall, I've been very hurt too.  So I'm like the majority of people I suppose.
     In the end, reading through this blog, it's obvious, I have no fucking clue of any kind of answer, and really am no help. I will though still meet up with my friend in the Spring, even if I have no answers, there is always vodka and pizza. Lol
      Ciao For Now.


1 comment: