Monday, September 3, 2012

So it's a holiday

     For those of us in America, Monday September 3rd is a holiday. It's Labor Day and the "Unofficial" start of the fall season, which of course is bunk!! I mean Fall starts on Sept. 21st with the Autumn Equinox but I'm being picky! LOL It's called this as most schools will start again this week, a few already started. I remember when I was younger, it did actually get much cooler as well, but in these days of the non exhistant global warming it is still rather warm, although the 90+ degrees should be gone now for good. (fingers crossed as you can never tell). What is Labor Day exactly, well it is a day set aside to honor the countries workers basically. I looked it up at US.gov and this is one of the first lines. It simply states there this factoid: "It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country." Yes along with the outsourcing of it's workers, causing high unemployment, they left that part out. I though, as one of the working population, admit I enjoy having a day off to do NOTHING AT ALL, but of course I will find something to do as it does get a bit boring in the house all day. It has been raining on & off since Friday night around here, and our mountain trip today was called off. So I trekked out in the rain and got some card supplies and signed up for a 2 hour class at the local stamping craft store. It's their anniversary on Sat. Sept. 22nd (10 years they have been opened), and they have a set of make it and take its. These are projects you do in the store with their supplies. It was $20.00 for the session, basically to pay for what you will use plus extra supplies to take. They are making a Halloween card craft, a Christmas (you read it correctly hehe) project and 2 other things I don't remember but they sounded really cool!  I am starting my Halloween cards next weekend and then will decide if Thanksgiving will be the next set, or I may just go right to Christmas cards.
     Okay switching gears and getting a bit more serious. The last month or so I have been so over emotional. It comes out in tears, neediness, and unfortunately stress! This causes me to not care too much about anything, yet I always care about everybody.  I feel like in the movie Lilo & Stitch, when Stitch goes out at night and finds himself lost, and he just stands there and cries out "Lost, I'm Lost!"  I'm not of course but I do feel a bit empty. I have recently had a few things really make me smile and feel good. Silly things, but most have been from children. Children always make me smile. My adult friends are off busy in their lives yet that too has started to come back the last few days. Had a great chat with a dear gal friend today. She is one of the trio when we have our girls night. Oh we are so bad when we are together. I'm trying to get her to come to England with me. Oh England you will be in trouble!! LOL  Like I said, I'm so emotional. Yesterday I was out, as I drove down the road I saw this man sitting in the curb. He had his head down, and his hands over his eyes. It was obvious he was upset about something, and man I got so upset myself. I know it's stupid of me, I didn't know him at all but the whole scene was sad. Was he hurt, did someone die, did he lose his job, was he ill?  I just wanted to yell out the car window that it will be okay. I didn't of course and besides, you can't promise it always will be okay, sometimes its not. So off I drove on, and true story, I got home and looked at my Instagram,  my friends son posted a pic of himself, and he was wearing the bracelet I had sent him. It instantly cheered me up as, well, he likes it!! hahaha I must sound like a total lunatic but I feel bad when people around me hurt or are upset. I'm like a low grade empath. 
     Speaking of lunatic, this past Friday was a blue moon. Second full moon in the month. (next one is not until 2015) It was so gorgeous, the hubs and I went for a drive later that night with the top down so we could enjoy the moonbeams. The pull of the moon on me is strong, and I made several wishes and workings that night. One came true right away, in the fact that hubs agreed to go out for the drive. Normally once he is home that is it!!  I left work about 8:20pm or so, and she was already climbing high. So I snapped a pic with my phone. Its not the best but here, see how bright she was shinning. 
     So peeps, life has been steady if not rather banal as of late but that's good as all hell will break lose at work in the next 2 months. So I am enjoying the calm before the storm as they say.  So lets see what tomorrow brings and I'll be back tomorrow night. Until that time, Ciao For Now



No comments:

Post a Comment