Sunday, September 9, 2012

Little Of Nothing

     Well today was the hubs birthday. After yesterdays storms, the morning brought wonderful cool temps that never got above about 78. Last night the hubs and I stayed in and I decided to open a bottle of Pinot Gris, he didn't want any so I felt obligated, ya know how it is? LOL 
     So today as we leave to go out for a drive, first thing we notice is the weather is just wonderful. It's about 67 degrees and a slight breeze just makes it better. The we look at the the front deck and there is debris everywhere. The winds did top out around 73 miles per hour we saw online and our neighbors tree, split off a huge branch, I'm talking size of a tiny tree. Other than that all seemed fine. Off we went, top down on the car and had a lovely lunch of chicken (me) pork (him) along with lots of grilled veg (zucchini (courgettes to EU), peppers, carrots, eggplant), that were in some sort of balsamic dressing. YUMMY!!  I had suggested sushi for dinner as it's been awhile but hubs wanted to get home. So here we are. Spent the late afternoon enjoying the windows open and reading. Hubs was on his computer downstairs as on the phone with his brother.. The kids called to sing happy birthday and then they got caught up talking. I was surprised to get a text from my good friend who is on holiday. I was touched that I was thought of. SO good to hear from friends, isn't it. I'm still smiling. 
     Work is tomorrow and it's the start of all the fun. Communication goes out Tuesday on new plans and costs and the phones will blow up with people complaining and yelling, others asking for more info....yea...fun!!! I'm off to the gym in the morning as I MUST get back on track....it's not 10 or 20 pounds to lose here folks. By the time I get to England next year I want to be in a size 16!! I can do it, no question there but I need to move more. Problem is I still only have about 90% mobility in my left arm as the pinched nerve is taking its time to heal. I'm thinking that I should ask the trainer tomorrow for some strengthening exercises. Plus I plan on using the steam room, it's beautiful, and the scent in there is delicious!! lol   
     Just checking in as I am ready to sleep. So Ciao for now

No comments:

Post a Comment