Sunday, September 16, 2012

A little Pumpkin Blog

     Well it's Sunday night and this weekend was to say - extremely mellow! I was a bit under the weather, so not much got done! I went to the gum, then store on Saturday. Hung out with hubs and just vegged out. I did drink more than half a bottle of Irish Cream on Saturday night. That million calories was very tasty! LOL  Between that and my meds I slept hard that night! Odd that I was up at 6AM today. I cleaned the bathroom this morning, then just felt so out of it. Went and made friends with my bed. Had some roast chicken and veggies for dinner. Just having a cup of tea, thanks to my friend, who sends it to me. Perhaps it's in my mind but the tea from England just tastes better! I believe the teabags seem to have more in them. Really. It's something I love
     You know what else I love? Pumpkins! I adore everything about them. The taste is great and I like them sweet or savory. I am not going to be able to make my pumpkin pie, pumpkin roll, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin bread pudding, etc.....Yea not too many sweets huh?  I have made pumpkin and squash casserole, low carb pumpkin cheesecake, roasted pumpkin seeds and a few more things. I am going to share a recipe I made up. It's healthy and low carb.
 My Faux Pumpkin Souffle
Take about 1 1/2 cups of pumpkin puree, add 2 large eggs, fat free evaporated milk (8 oz can), mix them together, then add, a tablespoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of allspice, cloves and 1/ 8 cup Splenda. Put in a small casserole and bake in a 350 degree oven for about half hour. You can also do this in the microwave (about 9 minutes) - how awesome is that?!  I like serving this with roast chicken or turkey. Grilled veggies round it out. Now, if you add more Splenda you have a nice dessert, just serve it with a dollop of light cool whip. 
      I am proud that I have not succumbed to the pumpkin cheesecake muffins at Starbucks, or the pumpkin loaf OR the Pumpkin Spiced Latte. For years, even last year, they were something I had to have at least once, but NOT this year. I'm determined as the reality of my trip is growing closer. I will be booking it in December. I want to show England a saucy, sexy, confident, funny lady. I am so scared I will fall flat on my fat ass!! I like to say I am confident but I really am petrified of meeting some of the folks. I wonder how I will translate? LOL  
     Okay it seems that my cold medicine is starting to take over. I'm talking weird (okay weirder! lol) and rambling, so I will stop here. So Ciao For Now on and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment