Sunday, September 23, 2012

It's Fall Y'all

     Happy Autumn, everyone. In the Northern Hemisphere that is. It makes me want to sing the song "It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year" :-P  I love almost everything about this season. It's time to open the windows and let the cool air in to circulate through a home that for months had central air conditioning running. It's a time when I like to clean, yes you heard right. haha  Most people do "spring cleaning" but for me this is the time I enjoy it most.  It's the turning of the Wheel Of The Year and us Wiccan folk celebrate the holiday Mabon. This is another harvest festival (we love those don't we LOL). It is the time of gathering and preparation for the coming winter months ahead. Mayhaps that's why I like to clean during this season.  It's a prep time for the days when we tend to stay in more, not venture out into the very cold. Now is cool mornings and warm days, the earth is still pliable to plant the late veggies that will sustain us threw the darker days. Winter wheat, cabbages, peas & turnips to name a few.  The Druids call this holiday celebration, Mea'n Fo'mhair, and honor the The Green Man, the God of the Forest, by offering libations to trees. Offerings of ciders, wines, herbs and fertilizer are appropriate at this time. Wiccans celebrate the aging Goddess as she passes from Mother to Crone, and her consort the God as he prepares for death and re-birth. As Samhain (Halloween to all ) is the New Year, this festival is more or less a celebration of completion. We celebrate achievements and make ready for new things to start. As the God will lay down his life and be reborn so will we, as we ride the wave of the earth and the season. What was that song from the sixties? "To everything, turn, turn, turn, there is a season, turn turn turn."  This is so true. Like everything living, we must ride the flow of the seasons and celebrate each in its own time.
     A Mabon Pagan alter will be decorated possibly with, sheaths of wheat, corn, gourds, possibly a pomegranate (although that I tend to use those for Samahin).  Candle colors of gold, red, orange, burgundy, these again are shared with Samhain. You may also find, sage, apples, marigold, ivy, acorns and so many other things. Just as a witches Book Of Shadows is unique to themselves or covens, alters as well, take on a personal tastes.  Before a ritual it is not unusual to go for a walk in the woods or a park to take time to look at the trees, and leaves, to enjoy the sun while cool breezes blow.  I have had such an alter in the past and I will again. I myself celebrated, enjoyed some harvest wine, apples, and wheat bread. Said a few prayers for those I love and reflected on my life as my years are turning, a little too quick it seems at times. LOL  
     NOW A TOTAL NON SEQUITER, LOVE DOING THIS! HAHAHA
    I went for a ride today with the hubs and we went to this place I found out in a town called Aldie named "The British Pantry"  I had high hopes as they carry English teas and I feel guilty sometimes relying on my friend for my "FIX". Well, they carry, (ALL IMPORTED from ENGLAND), Yorkshire Gold Loose tea (at $21.00 a 8 ounce bag), Twinings assorted Earl Grey teas that I have been interested in (at $15.00 a box of 16), the 50 box of Twinings teas (darjeeling, assam, etc., for a steal at $17.00 a box) I couldn't believe my eyes. Were they intoxicated when they priced these out!! So much for being the purchaser of these imported teas. BOO!!! Bad Form British Pantry, shame on you!! So much for that! Back to begging for my fix. :-D
     This weekend was pretty basic, grocery shopping, laundry, etc.  I did purchase some new toiletries, the company is called Fresh and they make some very nice items. I bought a bath bar that is an exfoiliator as my skin is getting dry already and I see little spots that need a loofa, so hopefully the soap will be more gentle on my skin as I am such a delicate creature.  HEHE 
     I have to tell you what just this second went on. Hubs showed me a pic of me from the night we met almost 18 years ago, and pulled me over to kiss me. When done he told me to go finish my blog as my tapping on the keys keeps him up. I said I was pretty much done and it was about Mabon, did he want to hear it? He had reached out to me in the meantime and said "I have a nipple in my fingers, that beats Mabon any day!!!"  So one and all, methinks thisis a good time to say Ciao For Now  ;-P





No comments:

Post a Comment