Wednesday, September 26, 2012

My Cat is Fat, and other things!

     Okay, my schedule is back, as of tomorrow I am back to 11AM - 8PM. I was so out of practice getting up at 5:30 in the morning. Thing is I am awake, as hubs alarm goes off and it's kind of hard not to hear the sound since it's only on the other side of the bed. But to actually have to get up and shower, and get dressed, well after almost 2 years on the later shift, it's not always easy to do. LOL I am usually up by 7AM, but I can enjoy a nice cup of tea and have some internet browsing, maybe a call or two BEFORE having to get ready to go into work.
     As I sit here starring at my laptop trying to think of witty things to share, I'm noticing my cat trying to get off her back, and not doing a good job of it! She looks like a turtle rolling around on it's back. I laugh because I have often found myself in that same position. I gave her a neoprene pillow, and she makes a little indent for herself so she is in a hole basically, and since she enjoys her treats as much as yours truly;  she is round and not as flexible as she once was. The look on her face is priceless. She finally hoisted herself up, and is now slumbering in another odd position that only cats seem to find enjoyable. I love her, belly hang and all, what's not to love? I am loved, belly hang and all too :-D
    
     I've got poetry in me, but damn if it wants to stay just out of reach of my thoughts. When I started this blog I wrote some very funny things. Have I just gotten boring as I feel compelled to write at least a line or two every night, or have I lost my touch for the written word?  I like to think I express myself in a way that is unique to me. That's a silly sentence, as of course it's unique to me;  as I am the one saying it. But what of the style, my thoughts, phrases, what I even write about?  A friend wrote a comment yesterday (ty for that guys, I love getting them) that since I love England so much, why don't I end my blogs with Cheerio as opposed to my Ciao For Now? Simple, it doesn't sound like me. I say cheers, but not Cheerio. I used to say ciao often as my grandmother did when saying bye to relatives, so it sounds right to me. Another friend says it, and I picked it back up from him I suppose. Funny how phrases stick with you. I use NY vernacular often, and get laughs for it.  I had a yogurt for lunch the other day and I said out loud "this tastes spoiled, I'm going to chuck it!!" Someone else said that was such a NY thing to say! Is it, my NY peeps? I just used to say that as a teen and every now and again it comes out. When I moved to VA a lady I worked with always said cool beans, when something was in accord to her thinking. I now say cool beans more than I really should LOL  When I get frustrated I often say "Jesus Christmas" as an expletive, one day a friend of mine got upset and said.....you got it...Jesus Christmas. I turned around and smiled, he picked it up from me! Think about that, it's like a six degrees of phrases separation. One day a friend of his that I don't know, will out of the blue one day say Jesus Christmas. It started with me. How cool is that?? Really cool I think!! But no Cheers is not me. I do say gobsmacked a lot though, and I recently had someone say, what is going to definitely be in my phrase repertoire from now on, the saying TWATWADDLE!! OMG that is hilarious!! I love it!! Like those people who were charging $17 for a box of tea, those TWATWADDLES!  hehehe  see it's a perfect word. :-D 
      I am laughing to myself quietly at that, as hubs is sound asleep, snoring away. Unfortunately I saw the latest weather report and looks like rain is called for the entire weekend. We at first as you know from an earlier blog were going for a long weekend to celebrate our wedding anniversary. I though, can't get the day off Friday so it changed to an overnight Saturday in Pennsylvania. But now it says rain for all 3 days. I wanted to go apple picking and enjoy the changing leaves. Now I am not sure what we are going to do. It will be 16 years married, this year. I met him October of 1994, married September 1996. I have told this story and so to some of you it's not new, but we had a 240 mile blind date. I met him through my work, I worked customer service at an envelope manufacturer and he worked for a printing company who bought our envelopes. I was his sales rep. LOL Yep we talked on the phone all the time and he asked if he could call me at home. I said yes, and the rest is history. He asked what I looked like, I said Winnie the Pooh with red hair. So when I met him he handed me a present. When I opened it, I saw a red tee shirt. He said Winnie the Pooh wears a red tee shirt. I then asked where the pants were? He replied (with a twinkle in his eye), Winnie the Pooh doesn't wear pants ;-)  Great answer!! LOL  Still makes me smile. 
     Cat just repositioned herself, and has both paws over her eyes. I guess the light bothers her, little furry princess! hahaha Well I think I am going to reposition myself as well into a sleeping position, as I notice that it's now almost half past midnight. So I will say, just this one time, Cheerio!!!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment