Sunday, May 27, 2012

Saturday Night & There's Still 2 Days Left

     How awesome is that peeps. Here in the USA its Memorial Day weekend, the "un-official start of summer", Monday will be the actual holiday. I even switched over my black purse to a light pink one..LOL  
     Well peeps it was a good Friday at work, and brought home some Thai food from a new place near work. It was very good, the summer roles were so big, refreshing, and the panang curry I had was yummy. Hubby had something called Wild Pork, but he tamed it. So as the day dawned today, Saturday, I decided to hit the gym and then came home, showered , and then went to get my hair done. I was asked if I wanted anything to drink and they said coffee and I quickly answered yes please, I had had nothing at all. I know that was dumb since I went to work out but I don't know, when the weather gets hot, I don't always feel hungry. Caffeine was needed by this point. Then did a few chores,oh peeps, as I drove, with the top down of course, the sweet smell of freshly mowed grass filed my nostrils and if I wasn't driving I would have closed my eyes and just have breathed in deeply. That scent is glorious, I wish I could bottle it!! That's one reason I love having a convertible this time of year.  I love my Mustang  (I love muscle cars, always have) and driving her topless (the car not me lol) just makes me feel so young again. Maybe its the wind whipping my hair all about, maybe its how the sun warms your skin yet the breeze as you ride allows it to never be too hot. Of course there is the ability to smell the great outdoors. (which sometimes is not pleasant - think skunk hehe)  I just love it.  Rounding all out. Tonight for dinner was, an awesome grilled chicken on mixed greens with strawberries and blueberries, topped with shaved parmesan cheese. A fat free raspberry vinaigrette was the dressing of choice. The later part of the night...meaning NOW, it has been a relaxing calm night. Had several cocktails with hubs and now just looking online for kitchenware.
     I am finding out, by looking for kitchen items, that I am a mug junkie! Yes - there I said it!!! I love mugs.  That's it, I'm going to be one of those odd folks that have a small little room in the basement, still has wood paneling on the walls and there it will be. Floor to ceiling, on neat shelves, will be my mug collection. I can see it now...BWAHAHAHA Help........     ;-D       
I found a set that I actually do want for my kitchen. Imagine my kitchen is all white, then on the wall as functional art will be 4 shelves with 4 mugs each. They are colorful, with drawings of cookies, biscuits if you will, on them. Since they are made in England I suppose its biscuits.  They are produced by Make International and are the Biscuit Line by artist Martin Wiscombe. I want all of them. I found them on Ebay, I may get one or two at a time, I believe you can buy them on the website but not sure if I can use my cc on it. All will be as I see in my head for my kitchen soon enough. First things first.  I need to actually complete a new kitchen before I can even think of buying accessories LOL
    It's closing in on a nice day, we went for a ride tonight after dinner and before The Captain showed up ;-). The sunset was so lovely. Streaks of orange and red, turning into purples with blueish tints as it got closer to setting. I've said it before, I love this time, when day gives itself over to night. I also love daybreak, when night returns us to day. They almost seem magickal, these few hours. It seems during those times your allowed to dream, to wish for better. The veil between heavens and the earth is open, allowing your hopes to take flight and possibly become reality. I  try to psyche myself up during these times when I'm able. I make agreements with myself, nothing big. Remember when I started this blog I said baby steps lead to great strides. I am now taking toddler steps.....oh your little girl is growing up!!! 
     Peeps I am going to say good night. We have plans to see a movie and I am on the prowl for some crabs and oysters for dinner tomorrow night. Also hoping to get a few clothing items, sales are on you know.. YES honor the memory of your departed loved ones who served in the armed forces by taking an additional 35% off this lovely sofa!!!!!!!!  America, we can be so silly sometimes, but hey - we're young  :-)  Ciao For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment