Wednesday, May 30, 2012

As The Sun Sets In The West

     It's leaving a huge streak of light right across my computer screen. It's so nice to see it in comparison to yesterday's downpour.  I hope all of you have been well, I see i have a few new countries and it is such a turn on to see that :-D    Thank you again all of you who read my blog.
     Well I got my first review today as a supervisor and it went well. A few things need to be worked on but I am in accord with the constructive suggestions :-)  Overall it was a very good review and our director even said a few nice comments and i was told he does not often do that so I am pleased.  I want to excel at my position, I want to learn more and I want to be the person that can help my reps help our employees get the answers they need.  I am lucky to say that I actually like coming here every day :-D  I now know how they feel about me and it feels good that they like me. They like me they really like me (sorry - channeling my inner Sally Field) I would like to be manager one day instead of supervisor and then go up from there, who knows. I am a sponge that wants to get wet and soak up all the knowledge that is here for me! :-)
     So peeps, if I recall a while back I was talking about different products for beauty and scents and scrubs, etc.  Well yesterday I had to laugh. I got a little sunburnt this past weekend and so yesterday I had not a stitch of make-up on. Well long story short one of my reps and I were talking and I said something and I said yea this is what 50 looks like. Her mouth fell open and her eyes got wide. She said "No Way!!! You are not 50!" I laughed and she said but you have no wrinkles. I replied that its the fat that pushes them out from the inside ;-)   She laughed. Look I carry my age well and I have a very simple beauty routine. I use Clarins moisturizers day and night. A company called Sugar that makes a  fabulous lip softener, then I use an apricot scrub every other day since I can have oily skin, especially in the summer. I have tried so many scrubs and I have even made my own which was really nice BUT the top prize goes to St.Ives Apricot scrub. I have used this product for over 25 years and it never fails to work wonders. The price? A very affordable one that is around $3.50 a tube. Now I dont look at cost when buying skin care because I have tried facial scrubs that cost 10x or more but St.Ives beats them. I have found Clarins works so well for me so I stick with that. I have a nice new eye cream that I am now using by Origins called GinZing. Its a ginger eyecream that works very well for me. Its a bit pricy but you don't need much. I also adore my Yves St. Laurent TOUCHE ÉCLAT  which is a wonderful brighter/concealer for under and around your eyes. It perks them right up. A dear friend turned me onto it and I am forever grateful.   I wear Urban Decay make up, especially their eyeliner pencils. They are fab!! I have the Naked Palette and there are so may cool colors to mix and match. Just got some new brushes too. Funny thing is, in day to day living I wear minimal make-up. But I love the stuff, that and scent. I'm always looking for fun new ones.  Beauty is only skin deep they say but I say love the skin your in and treat it right.  We are all different and that's a beautiful thing. 
     So this ends my beauty review for today  lol , don't cry poppets, I have something good lined up for tomorrow, unless I post it later tonight.....oooh I'm a tease  LOL
     This is where I say Ciao For Now :-D

I'm back peeps, it's after midnight but I can't sleep. You know life is so crazy, one moment you  feel really good and then not even 24 hours later you are sitting up in bed a little scared. My Uncle is in the hospital in Intensive Care but I spoke to my Dad tonight and he sounded lost. I mean my Uncle is my Dad's last immediate family member and to lose him would be a gigantic tragedy for my Dad and my Uncle's family both. My Dad has stood and watched his wife pass, his sister pass also, then a year later his brother and now his baby brother is in the hospital. Nurses told my Aunt they have to keep him monitored for 48 hours, so these next few days will be crazy. I am visiting my dad this weekend and I want to make sure he is okay. I mean he's all I have of MY immediate family. I'm sorry to sound so morbid. It's late and I'm tired and all this is a big part of life and I always try to be strong, but right now I am allowing myself to be weak.  Man I need to go out somewhere -I'm being such a kill joy to this party of fun blogs. Sorry! Well each day is a new start and hopefully there will be good news, and why the hell shouldn't there be!!!!!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment