Friday, May 31, 2013

Sleep Is So Overrated

     I just can't seem to get my sleeping patterns in sync this week. I even went to sleep early tonight. Lights out by 10:45pm. Here I wake up at 2 again. It's nuts! It's throwing off everything. I grab my iPad and read my book, but it doesn't help. Hope this passes soon.
      It's Friday and that means another weekend of house cleaning. This time we ate focusing on the backyard. We have a fenced in, rather small yard. It's doable as long as your not looking to put in a swimming pool. I just want all the old stuff removed. I am calling my lawn guy to see how much he would charge to clear out everything. I long to get a quaint patio set to sit outside and eat dinner al fresco. I enjoy that, and we have a nice grill but we eat inside. I envision so much in my head and I don't think I'm being extravagant. I know we are going to do basic, as my hubs has a camper mentality. I like a bit more comfort in my yard. We will compromise I'm sure. But sometimes I would like, just once, a little more than basic!
     I think that's why I love my car. It's not basic, it's not top of the line either, but it's a nice middle ground. I got the convertible, I got the "pony package"  (it's a Ford Mustang) so my engine, although not a GT V8, is a nice supercharged, throaty V6. She moves well. Stereo is not the 1000 watt, only the 500, but the bass is great. Nice 17" alloy wheels. It's more than basic. It's fun to drive, and it's my escape rocket. I like nice things, I'm not ashamed of that. I also would like to get another job so I can pay for what I want. Gifts are nice, but I was taught you work for what you want. I'm trying. I look everyday.
      I found out that the company I worked for closed ( sold off) an entire division. 6000 people will very well possibly find themselves without a job. It s so very sad. Consider yourselves lucky if you are working. I always did, and wish to again. I know there is something out there. I rarely mention my angst about it anymore. Friends got tired of hearing me complain I know. It's not their problem, and since they can't really help it's not right to be a downer to them. So I'm trying to focus on good things. Like the yard and my home getting some much needed curb appeal.
     Next weekend will be busy, tonight I have a date with some wine. I may splurge and get this cheese from England that had cranberries in it.  I forget the name but it starts with a "W". Lol  it's wonderful. I have grapes and strawberries. So it's not bad. We have a home, food, clothes. I go to a gym, able to put gas in my car. I am thankful for all of this, as well as the people in my life. So until next time peeps, I will say, Ciao For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment