Sunday, May 5, 2013

Time To Get This Party Started Hardcore

      It sure as hell is. Feeling good today. I got in my workout, albeit a shorter one, have lots errands to run today, but I don't want to get lazy and not go as often as I want to. I have set a goal of at least 70lbs gone by the time I go to England early next year. I can do it and if I really try I may get even more. Shit what will I look like. A half melted candle? LOL Maybe, but all I know is I'm bringing a empty suitcase to fill with some cool English clothes & shoes. I have also, to the dismay of hubs, cut all carbs out of evening meals except for 3x a week. He then has the choice of potatoes, rice, or grains. I am now back on track for quite some time. I should be almost at my goal but I got lazy. Well I've had some good arse kicking from a few friends and they help by design as well. SO enough about that for now. Today is sharing some recipes that I have made now that are healthy and lower in fat, so here are a couple that we recently had. 

 GARLIC SHRIMP W/BROCCOLI (serves 4 but you can have half pound of shrimp each also lol)
3 cup(s) uncooked broccoli, small florets   


1/4 cup(s) water   
1 Tbsp olive oil, extra-virgin, divided   
1/3 cup(s) panko breadcrumbs   
1/2 tsp lemon zest   
1/4 tsp table salt, divided   
1 pound(s) uncooked shrimp, large, peeled, deveined   
3 clove(s) (large) garlic clove(s), sliced   
1/3 cup(s) canned chicken broth   

1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes   
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice    
DIRECTIONS: 
Steam broccoli and put aside  -
heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs and cook, stirring often, until lightly toasted, about 2 to 3 minutes. Scrape toasted crumbs into a bowl; stir in lemon zest and 1/8 teaspoon salt. 
 Heat 1 teaspoon oil in same skillet over medium-high heat; add shrimp and sauté until shrimp turn pink, about 2 minutes. Add garlic; sauté until very light golden, about 1 minute.
Stir in broth, pepper flakes and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt; cook, stirring to loosen bits from bottom of pan, just until shrimp is cooked through, about 1 minute.
Remove skillet from heat and add cooked broccoli; toss to mix and coat. Drizzle with lemon juice and remaining teaspoon oil; toss again. Serve shrimp and broccoli sprinkled with toasted breadcrumbs. Yields about 3/4 cup shrimp with broccoli and 4 teaspoon breadcrumbs per serving. 

Hawaiian Curried Chicken with Pineapple Salsa (serves 2 or 4)


3 spray(s) cooking spray   
2 tsp peanut oil   
2 tsp ginger root, finely minced   
1 large uncooked onion(s), chopped   
1 Tbsp curry powder, mild-variety recommended   
1/2 tsp sea salt   
1/8 tsp sugar   
1 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), cut into 1- to 1 1/2-in chunks   
1 cup(s) light coconut milk   
2 1/2 cup(s) pineapple, diced

1/4 cup(s) uncooked shallot(s), minced   
1/4 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, minced   
1/4 cup(s) shredded coconut meat, toasted    


Coat a large skillet with cooking spray; set over medium heat. Add oil; heat until oil starts to shimmer. Add ginger and onions; sauté until onions turn translucent and start to caramelize, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add curry powder, salt and sugar; cook, stirring, until curry becomes fragrant, about 1 minute.
Push vegetables to side of skillet and sauté chicken until lightly browned, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add coconut milk and reduce heat to low; simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, until chicken is done, about 20 to 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, to make salsa, combine pineapple, shallots and cilantro; toss well to coat
To serve, top chicken with salsa and sprinkle with coconut; sprinkle with salt if desired. Yields about 3/4 cup chicken, rounded 1/3 cup salsa and 2 teaspoons coconut per serving. 
      So there you have a couple of recipes. The serving sizes are not for a real dinner, I mean a 1/4 pound of shrimp will not fill up my hubs. Shrimp though are good and not bad to eat calorie wise. I've been making more fish and chicken and staying away from red meat. I do love me a juicy hamburger or steak though. LOL   Well peeps got to run and I know you have older blogs to catch up on, LMAO    So Ciao For Now peeps  Until tomorrow then. 
   

 







No comments:

Post a Comment