Sunday, May 12, 2013

Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life

     Que whistling. Lol. Well lets see, it's Sunday and its Mother's Day here in the US of A. It's a good day so far. Last night I had a good number of calories available so we had Chinese food. Will not be doing that anytime again soon. It was delicious but I had (hanging head) sesame chicken. I ate an allotted amount but I regretted it soon after and most of this morning. My tummy was not happy with me. If you get what I'm saying.  Anyway - we got up fairly early and since I was still feeling yucky I did not go the gym (will be there early tomorrow) but I went out and went to Starbucks. We had steel cut oats with blueberries so breaks was healthy and yummy, I really needed a bland food to start today and it worked. I feel much better.  Now, like I said its Mother's Day today. Both mine and hubs moms are no longer with us. It's a day for me when I think back on life lessons that my mom taught me, as well as the times she let me fall on my ass to learn a lesson. She didn't spoil me, grandma did that lol, but she did give me lots.  When I was younger, of course I had toys and a bike, clothes and a great bedroom filled with books. She sang to me and read to me every night. As I got older and into my teens, we would go have breakfasts on Saturdays since my dad worked back then that day. Then she fell ill for years. After she had chemo, we went away, and had a blast. We developed a more adult relationship. I can't tell you how proud I felt when she liked my apartment, and the things in it. I had my parents over for dinner and she complemented my cooking too. Thing is, it's all due to her. She taught me all that, hell I was cooking at age 6 lol. Really cooking full meals for us all at 12. She is the voice in my head, still guiding me, she always will be. Mom, I love you, will always love you, thank you so much.
      That is really all I am going to write today, so hug your mothers everyone, they are the reason you are here.  Ciao For Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment