Monday, May 6, 2013

Good Bye And So Long

     Today I got an email from my high school alumni group that the man who was the school priest died. Now we all know that I left the church years back, but the fact that he was a priest does not take anything away from the fact that he was a good man. See religion is not bad, it's the fanatics, but this man was so good with us crazy teenagers. He let us hang out in his office whenever we wanted, he would talk to us about anything. I mean anything. I told him I was drawn to being a witch and he said, well some would call the blessed mother one, she had a child and was still a virgin. He didn't judge anyone. He accepted you for you and that is what made everyone get drawn to him. He had a warped sense of humor too, he was asked if he was a Giants fan and he said no he was a small air conditioner.  This man stood in front of us at graduation, parents and family were there. So he had 800 graduates all sing "Old Man River" so we would always remember to just keep rolling along no matter what life had in store for us. He also told us to always carry 3 cents with us. A sense of humor, a sense of honor and common sense! Pretty good speech. So I say Godspeed Msgr James Cooney, may your journey to Summerland be swift and joyous.
     Well this news put me in a sober mood. The rest of the day put me in a tenacious mood. I am actually going to say goodnight as I am reading a really good book and I want to get to it. LOL so until next time ciao for now

No comments:

Post a Comment