Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A Long Weekend Comes To A Close

     As the midnight hour approaches I think back on the last few days. My cold is leaving the same way as it did months back, by way of a cough and wheeze. Very annoying to say the least. But hubs on the other hand is feeling it in full right now. Just before he was shivering so much I put a second blanket over him as he slept. He grabbed at it, almost waking up, but I ran the back of my hand over his cheek and he quieted. Now is snoring away. I know I have been as this cold wrecked my breathing . The neighbors must be wondering what jackhammers were  being used at the sounds I must have made. Lol
    Main thing is I am headed back to the gym tomorrow after my doctors appointment. It was closed today and last week I was not up to going, I barely wanted to get out and take a shower. I did of course as some things had to be done. Saturday I met up with the lawn guy to remove the leaves and clutter from the yard and he can late Sunday afternoon. I was surprised he did it so fast but very grateful he did. The yard looks so sad now, no grass at all, just dirt and little tufts of green that are trying to look lush, but failing miserably at it. Haha. I want a yard where I can wiggle my ties in lush cool grass. We are going to see about getting the entire yard aerated and plant grass seed. I actually went out today and bought a  small heap garden fairy at a yard sale. She is cute and sits on my front deck. I hung a small flag that has cheery butterflies on it , on a welcome post that is staked next to our lawn lamp post. I want the house to look pretty, I want the inside comfortable. I want the kind of home that I grew up in, where you felt welcome, and were treated well. My mom always had cookies or little cakes on hand for tea with guests. Or if you were there at dinner time, there was plenty should you have decided to stay if asked (you were always asked)  😀 It will get there, little by little. It's mapped out in my head. Gods help us all hahaha
      It was a powerful weekend, with the full moon, lunar eclipse,  and the fact that mercury , Venus and Jupiter were visible with the naked eye . All this made for an exciting feeling running through you even if you weren't doing much. I read a lot, skyped  with my friends daughter (and her sister also after a fashion). It was sweet, I can't explain it. She was sitting there brushing her dolls hair quite comfortable in the fact we hadn't spoken. Just having a giggle at silly things. I also made sure it was okay to Skype as I don't want to interfere with house rules. That would not be cool, nor would I disrespect her parents that way.   Then there was the chicken....... Ominous sounding huh? FEAR NOT, I just made an abundance of chicken that we had enough for 3meals. We finally finished it tonight, thank the gods!!! Sorry  tangent crossing. Lmao
     So while writing we have now crossed past the midnight hour, I should go to sleep but when I lay down I cough and its not conducive to sleep, so I think I'll make a cup if tea when I'm done.  Oh oh. I have to tell you, speaking of beverages. Hubs made coffee tonight and I like this sugar free powdered creamer, it's hazelnut flavored. I put it in my coffee and stirred and it splashed onto the mug in the shape of two hearts. I couldn't believe it. I took a pic for Facebook. I almost didn't want to wash the mug but well I had to, because, yuck, dirty mug. :-D. So it was a quiet, peaceful weekend filled with energy that I'm still feeling. It's positive energy and I'm hoping news of work comes soon. Things to do, people to do them to you know. Lol I had a totally different blog p,annex but this will do for now. I will start earlier tomorrow and write it then, so until that time, I will say as always: Ciao For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment