Monday, March 18, 2013

Way Too Much Corned Beef

     Happy St. Paddy's Day.  Yes I made a lovely dinner of corned beef and cabbage with potatoes and carrots. Of course I made soda bread as well, called my Dad and Uncle too. Happy happy, thing is though, for me anyway, is I am not find of St. Patrick. Oh I like the name, but driving the snakes out of Ireland, I do not like. See that is just a way of saying he was trying to force the Druids and pagans out so that Christianity would prevail. Poor guys just wanted to worship nature and the old ways - but no, Patrick was like, dudes you need to embrace the one church.  Patrick my man, don't think so!
There are still Druids and pagans of all kinds roaming those lands! He was Italian too I believe. Wonder if he tried to make them an offer they couldn't refuse ? BWAHAHA
     The day was a bit gloomy and it matched my mood. Hubs had to work, and I was kind of hiding from the world. I chatted, yes, but not as much as normal; and I watched 3 movies. 3!!!  I was looking at art and put up an album on Facebook of some I like.  I went to The Metropolitan Museum Of Modern Art 2 years ago and just loved it. It was a special day and to walk I to a room filled with Monet's Water Lillies displayed was like stepping into church. I stood in silence for a moment. They were so much bigger than I expected, look and see the brushstrokes, oh and Starry Night by VanGoth was also on display. Talk about brushstrokes, just superb! I am not a critic or one who scrutinizes a painting. I don't have one particular style that I follow, I just like what I like. These that are accepted worldwide to paintings done on sidewalks or buildings. Some would say its a criminal act but how can bringing color and expression to a neighborhood be a crime ?  I wear art on my own body, drawn for me and on me, until I die.
      My thoughts today were these plus of change. Emaling with a friend, I wrote him its odd going back and finding a place once familiar, turned into something new. I embrace change, one had to to live, but the older I get, the more I try to go back to earlier years. Before change. Maybe it's a time when I had no real cares. So many things were new to try. I hate to think I'm becoming jaded, but perhaps that just goes hand in hand with getting older. Even so, I still have a large sense of wonder and hope I always do..
     So we start a new week, I hope this one brings news if a job. I can say though, at least I'm not nutty about not working as I've come to terms with it. Here's to a great week, with great news.
I leave you here and as always I say, Ciao For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment