Monday, March 25, 2013

I am truly humbled.

     A friend of mine on facebook just read my blog and was sweet to tell me she will be reading it more. I can't express how this makes me feel. I mean who the hell am I? As Arthur said (In the original film) "I'm a nobody from Queens".  To pull from earlier blogs, I learned life from not fitting in. I did enjoy all the same stuff as the other kids, and kept up pretty well, but of course eventually us kids started to learn the ways of the world, and they soon realized I wasn't what the world thought of as normal. I had a larger silhouette than the others. I saw a few people I really liked all of a sudden stop playing with me, and it hurt, but then I realized they couldn't help it. It wasn't me, it was how they saw things. Maybe they were so afraid of being hurt or different, they had to attack someone who was just to show they were normal. I learned tolerance then and forgiveness. I think (I hope) that as we age, we realize that there is no normal. That some of the best things, the best music, art, books, all come from those outside the norm. That's great company, in my opinion. 
     So here I am just thinking of what is it that draws people back to this blog and from other countries to boot? I have to say, I so get a natural high thinking that someone totally on the other side of the world keeps reading my words. I just wish I knew what they were thinking. Maybe they just print them out to line the bird's cages with, but that's okay too. I know several of my friends read it and 2 in particular who read it every day pretty much. I love them and their support, and occasionally I think I do amuse them. 
     When I started this blog I had an agenda that I have kept basically true to, but I have left the path on occasion if something grabbed my eye or my heart. I am getting a little teary right now, I am not sure why. I just feel right now that I am not up to my full potential. I am getting stagnant not working. I actually sat on the edge of the bed for 10 minutes just figuring out what to do.  Oh god I have enough to do in the house and little by little I am doing it, yet it's going to be a while before it's able to be seen by others. In my opinion anyway. I'm in a rambling mood, wish someone was here, it's kind of lonely being here in VA when all my friends are in NY or scattered up and down the east coast. Anyway. Tonight I won't be doing a blog as hubs is only now just on his way home. I will be back tomorrow night with a blog that I am sure will be interesting and one for the books  LOL 
Ciao For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment