Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Nose Knows

     Oh man, it figures. Hubs was away last night and while he was gone, I somehow developed this horrible head cold. I am having the hardest time breathing right. I was awake at 2:40AM this morning as I just couldn't sleep. So basically the only thing that's getting blown tonight is my nose! (oh please after over a year you know how I am - gigglesnort :-D)
     We had such promise today, it was snowing. Seemed like we were going to get about 8 or more inches, but sadly the area I am in switched to a slushy mess. Now just about half an hour to our west, they got real snow, almost a foot. Up in the mountains they got about a foot or better. One of the things I really miss about New York is the snow. We get some here, but mainly any good amount of snowfall gets stopped by the mountains. I remember one time years back, I had a Lincoln Continental Mark IV and it had snowed a lot, we had about 8 inches on the ground. My friends and I were on our way to another friend's house. I go to make a left turn up his block and in the middle of the turn my passenger door swings wide open. Franz (my boyfriend at the time) was laughing so hard he barely was able to close the door. Ah good times lmao
    I so hope I can sleep tonight, I hate head colds with a passion. I have been known to sneak down to the kitchen and stand in front of the open freezer so I could breathe in the icey air. Weird I know, but I sometimes do odd things. I have the girl version of man flu, and it sucks!! 
    Thing about being home during the day you do on occasion catch those shows that you usually would never watch. For me today, it was The View. The did have an interesting report though on gel nails. They are saying that the UV rays they use can cause skin cancer. I use the gel nail polish on my nails. It helps keep them strong since I type at work (well I did type at work). I am going to equate it with the surgeon generals warning on cigarettes. We know it can possibly hurt us yet we do it anyway. I will see. I may try keeping my own nails without the gel but not yet :-) 
     I guess the biggest news I have is that hubs got himself a new Ipad mini and he is giving me his Ipod 2. YAY  He came home with it today as a treat to himself because he has been working so much overtime. I glad he bought it and unlike him I don't care the reason. He works, he can buy what he wants. We have no children to worry about. So go for it, know what I mean?
     Well peeps, this stuffy headed gal is going to have some tea and try to get some sleep. I have a feeling I will be up early again. Take care and Ciao For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment