Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Let's Celebrate Independance By getting Drunk and Shooting Off Little Bits of Dynomite!

     Happy Independence Day or 4th of July if you will. History relates the tale of those here in America wanting to gain their freedom from England. Not to make light of the sacrifices these men made for us, as we all want to be free to voice our ideas and make our own way. Watch the movie "The Patriot" and you will bleed red, white & blue for days but England had hands in America way before the Declaration of Independence. The colonies were all under British rule and I've always kind of equated it with the kids getting to be away from their parents and all of a sudden think they can take care of themselves.  Not really but they need to find out for themselves. We are a new country, if I calculated right we are 236 years young and man we have made lots of errors. The latest one being this Obamacare. I am not a fan of this president, I really don't care for many of them. They all end up leaning too far one way or another. We need a middle ground, someone who understands that education, medicine and conservation are important yet we also need to support the military and find a way to fund social security and create jobs. It's a dream sadly,  as this of course will never happen.  Colin Powell was such a man but back then a black president would have been shot. Yea America has odd priorities sometimes. We are great though in other ways. There is a saying that I am so in accord with, it goes "I love my country, but fear my government"  Ronald Regan said it best, Government's first duty is to protect the people not run their lives. Okay I am now getting in deeper than I really wanted to and as I really know to be truthful. I know I am verbose but I don't want to sound stupid (any more than I just have LOL)  
     Well on this 4th of July I can say that I so want to go back home to visit the Motherland. LOL  I have dreamed of going to England since I was little and this in not new news I realize. So London this child is coming home next year!! Look out!! hahaha
     Today was a very chill kind of day, we slept in which was good for me as I was up at 3:15AM until 7 and I finally fell asleep until almost 10AM! Yikes.  I did have fun though playing songpop with my friend (lol from England)  I went to the store to get things for dinner then played on the computer and I am so excited. While in there I saw this larger lovely lady in an adorable red polka dot sundress Ala 50's style. I went to the website and yes you are right I bought myself a RED DRESS.  RED....ME!!  I love it and I am in such a more positive mood. The company is called Queen of Holloway and they sundresses and rockabilly dress, petticoats and such cute things. Now of course me being me I will have to go get a bolero jacket as I don't show my upper arms, I do in my own area or with those I am close to, but not work.  Of course I also know the red shoes that will be bought in the next day or so. LOL  I love my slacks but as warmer weather is here and I am a little smaller I am very back into dresses.  Plus I had an allergy on my feet and the skin is so much better now I actually am going for pedicures and I can wear sandals again.  I can't explain it and it may sound silly to all of you but I felt I got another piece of the puzzle that used to be Mary back in place.
Want to see the dress?  Of course you do and oddly enough I happen to have a picture of it!  SHOCK!!  hehehe   Here you go: 
Isn't it pretty. I have a strapless bra to wear with it but i can use those rubber boobie covers too, but i don't own those. It's sexy and can't wait to get it, and check this out in keeping with the day.......it ships from ENGLAND , how's that for bringing things full circle.  ;-D 
     Peeps since this is a workweek and I must go back to work tomorrow I will say goodnight and Ciao For Now :-D



No comments:

Post a Comment