Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I love surprises!!

    I just got one here at work about half hour ago and it gave me a pick up for the rest of the evening. I wasn't expecting to hear from this person and it was nice!  I have always loved surprises. Good ones of course is what I am referring to.  I remember growing up all the surprise parties we went to, and the look on the birthday boy/or girl was great. I remember once when I must have been abotu 12 or 13. I found all my Christmas gifts that my parents had wrapped and hid from me. Well sneaky whelp I was, I opened every one of them to see what I was getting. Of course my parents found out and I was punished. So on Christmas I had to explain to my cousins why none of my gifts had wrapping paper on them.  I learned a very valuable lesson. Surprises of that nature are as much fun for the givers as the recievers and I took the fun from my parents. They looked forward to seeing me unwrap my gifts, and believe you me! I was sad too as I wanted to be surprised and I ruined it for myself. The gifts for some reason, although very much loved and appreciated, didn't have that Christmas "Magic".  The lesson again well taught one year, also Christmas. For some reason that year we had very little money. I was 17 and I remember my mother crying becasue she couldnt buy gifts. I told her it didn't matter and I meant that but well she like me loved to buy things for others. It was the only year I really remember being totally skin at holiday time.  Well I just would not hear of it. I remeber checking my savings which were pitiful as I did have a car to maintain on my own with a payment, but I did have $190. I went out and bought my dad a shirt for work and a scarf and gloves set for my mom. Nothing big, but they had to have something, and I remember the surprised look on my Mom's face when I produced these meager offerings Christmas morning. She broke into tears and that was a Christmas I will not ever forget.
     Wow one phone call this afternoon and I am full of stories LOL  I have more trust me but I will forgo them for everyones sanity. HAHAAHA   
     Well more grounded info, my arm was good enough that I didn't wear my sling but I am regretting it right now as my arm hurts so much.  I gave myself a pep talk as I was washing my hair, but I still used really only my right hand. I will be glad when this gets fully healed.
     Tomorrow will be interesting, we are making the first of many announces about new benefits for 2013 and I know there are going to be many many calls about this. I'm rady though but it's a reminder that the year is winding down. August is almost here and I can't believe it. Before you know it it WILL be Christmas again. OOOOOH more surprises  LOL    So if you don't know this, I do all the recodings for  my division. You know that "For this press one" lady, yep I do that. Tomorrow I will be doing recordings for the Indian and European divisions as well. I'm going global!! LOL Oh man, can you imagine, maybe one day I can be the voice of the lady who gives you the time when you call in, or does the movie times , etc  hahaha
     Oh this is a silly blog tonight but I need the silly, its nice to smile, oh I got so sick last night peeps. I went to bed around 11 then just after 2AM I went to the bathroom and violated the waste bin (if you get what I mean) my throat is still a bit sore. I had odd dreams when I went to sleep again. I was with my friends in Maine and we went to this house near a river.  It was so beautiful, rich wood all around, spacious layout, huge kitchen. If I coud draw I would sketch this house and build it!! I have been dreaming a lot about houses lately and i wonder if that means anything? Anyone know?
     Well on that note peeps, I am going to say bye. So take care and as always, Ciao For Now! 



   

No comments:

Post a Comment