Monday, July 2, 2012

I'm A Little Teapot Short and Stout

Okay lets talk about two things I have been hearing so much about. Thin privilege and Fat Shaming.  First one, yes being thinner does occasionally work very much to your advantage. As I wrote in the blog about the two waitresses, one being all thin and cutsey and how how she got all the attention over the fat more seasoned waitress. No it's not alwasy fair but it is what it is.  Now the second one, - look you are not going to shame me by telling me in front of an entire line of people that I am too fat to ride the roller coaster.  I am not stupid and for my body type I know its not good for me. I am what one might call roly poly! It's not just how much you weigh its also how the weight is distributed. Mine is all in my tummy area and god forbid any of that fat would find it's way to my chest! Oh no no!!! LOL  Look I admit sometimes you have a bit of fear that you may not be able to fit into a booth or a seat while out on the town, Since I'm short, even with the bigger tummy, I usually am okay with it. I have been to the theater a few times in the last two years and last year although snug i dint get the inpression those in the seats next to me felt crushed and then this year I felt downright cozy!! I even had fidget room.   Airlines try to shame you by making you buy an extra ticket since you are taking up a lot of space.  What about a passenger who is a "normal" weight but is just really tall and wide. They may also fall into the needing two seat rule. Why just fat people? So yes there is some discrimination but again sitting at home eating twinkies is not going to change it. If the reason you are fat has nothing to do with medical reasons you can't say there is nothing you can do. You can do something about it, BUT and here is the big but  (no pun intended LOL) You also should not be looked down on if you choose to have a dessert at a restaurant or be nervous about going for seconds at a buffet.  Look I have lost over 50 pounds and Im still a big girl. No one knows the struggles I've gone through so yea maybe I had a piece of cake. You know what> SO WHAT!! It's my choice. Yes most people, especially here in America weigh more than they should. To me I think all the fad diets should be thrown out, the ones like South Beach and the Mediterrainian diet make more sense. Weight Watcher is good too but you are given the freesome of points so you can choose the points where ever you want. We need to realize that the basics have not changed, all things in moderation and move your ass!! I sound so two faced as I can eat a huge bowl of creme brulee and not blink yet I don't. Again, my choice!  I dont move enough and the less I move the harder it is but you work through it.  You work your way through things and I am sharing I guess my strps and my falls. I am way too stationary for my own good so I realy need to push myslef towards my goals.  Today I was at the gym and the Amazon suggested I do sit ups.  Yes I am 5 foot nothing and look 10 months pregnant with twins, so sure sit ups!! Well she spotted me and I looked ...well...let me give you a visual. Think TURTLE ON HIS BACK!  LOL I must have been a sight and I admit I didn't do as many as I should have but its new to me and the muscles in my body are saying ,,whoa  wait a minute you haven't used me in so long  i need time to aclimate. So Wednesday I will do it again and Friday, and the next time, and each time will get better, I HOPE!!!   I am tired of being tired. Like I said I was mad on Saturday and I do dumb things when I dont feel well about myself. I hate to admity that I need valadation more than I had planned. I love me though, it took a long time to be able to say that, Ilove each stretch mark, and roll and flabby spot and i think thats the key instead of thin this and fat that...lets start with BODY ACCEPTANCE. We all are beautiful, we are all important.  Okay I've ranted and this roly poly chick is so ready to go home. So i will say Ciao For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment