Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Let the Day Begin

     First call of the day tends to set the day, for me anyway. I'm doomed LMAO   It's not even quarter to 9 yet and the day is in full force. They changed our company holiday schedule, we normally get 9 fixed days off, (Christmas, Thanksgiving day, etc.) but this year they made it 7 with 2 floating days that we can take anytime we like. I already took the day after Thanksgiving off so I can still have a nice long weekend. Thinking of taking off my birthday, which all kidding aside, is an actual holiday. Its Columbus Day here in the states.  I used to always have the day off in school. My mom loved it as she could have my birthday party on the actual day, instead of having to wait for the weekend. The kids i my class also loved it as they would come to my party and either the day before or day after I wold bring in the shirtbox full of cupcakes and milk for everyone. My Mom never did it small. She wold make up individual candy gifts for each child i my class. She would place a lollipop, standing up,on cellophane paper, then put candy all around it, gather it up and tie it with a bow. neat little sweet packages. But I digress. Where was I? oh yes....Day off using the floating holiday. Its cool that we can pick this day so we can give ourselves a long weekend and not use vacation time. Im hoping to get some long weekends in. My friends already are getting excited about us all going to the San Gennaro feast in little Italy in NYC in September. LOL I cant wait either truth be told. Miss NYC a lot!!
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment